Zoom is a video conferencing platform that the majority of us here at ZDNet believes is an essential digital tool of the moment. One of the key advantages of Zoom is its simplicity; however, it also offers numerous advanced capabilities that remote workers can use to boost their productivity.
Below, we’ll walk you through how to start,
Table of Content
How to Set Up a Zoom Meeting
Are you able to set up a Zoom meeting with another person or quickly get a video conference up and running? Zoom makes it easy to organize a meeting quickly without difficulty. Likewise, setting up the Zoom video conference isn’t difficult.
1: Go to the official Zoom website and select “Sign In.”
2. Make sure you have the Zoom software installed, including the application if you’re using a mobile. To download, visit zoom.us and select “Host a Meeting,” The installation will begin.
3. To create the Zoom meeting:
- On the desktop, choose the Zoom application, and then click “Sign In.”
- Login with your Id. Login with Google Account or Facebook is also possible.
- Click the downward arrow, and you will be able to choose “Start with Video.” After this, select “New Meeting” so that the exact meeting you want will begin.
If you do not own Zoom Meeting software or an app, you can download it on its website.
Create a Zoom meeting via the website
- Visit the Zoom site and sign in to your account.
- Once you’ve logged in, select “My Account” in the upper-right-hand corner of the homepage.
- Click on “My Account.”
- Simply click “Schedule a Meeting” in the upper-right corner. The form will be displayed so that you can complete the meeting’s subject and description and also specify dates and times. There’s also the option to set it up as an ongoing meeting. Edit the entire information, and then, when you’re finished, scroll down until the end and then click the “Save” button.
- Change meeting information online.
- On the next screen, you will have the option of adding the date to the calendar of your Google Calendar, Outlook Calendar, and Yahoo Calendar. You can also take the invitation URL and share it with your guests.
How can I schedule a Zoom meeting?
- Launch the Zoom application and log in to your account.
- On the next page, click the “Schedule” button.
- When you click the Schedule Meeting window will appear. There’s a wide range of options for meetings will appear.
- Start by setting the date, duration, and the name of the gathering.
- Next, set the “Meeting ID.”
- Select if you’d prefer to send an invitation to the meeting or reminders to Outlook, Google Calendar, or another calendar platform.
- There are several advanced options to choose from to help make your videoconference more safe. To access the Advanced Options menu, click the icon in the middle of “Advanced Options.”
How to join a zoom meeting ?
Use the Zoom Application
If you have already installed Zoom on your smartphone, then you can join the meeting directly through the application by using the meeting ID or your link ID that the hosts provide.
When you open Zoom, you’ll be asked for a sign-in. Enter your email address and password, select “Sign In,” or log in using SSO, Google, or Facebook. The choice of Google, as well as Facebook, will take you to their respective sign-in page. If you choose to sign in via SSO, you’ll need to be aware that the URL for your company is typically .zoom.us.
Whatever signing-in method you select, once the sign-in procedure is completed, you’ll be at the top of the page for the Zoom application. There, you can click “Join.”
An additional window should pop up. In the first section in the first box, type in the meeting ID which was given to you when you received the email invitation. You can also add the personal link’s name when familiar with the name.
Under that, type in the Display name and select if you would like to join in the meeting using audio and video capabilities. Then, click the “Join “Join” button.
Now you’re at the table.
Can you record a Zoom Meeting?
Yes, paid and free Zoom customers can record meetings using the video conferencing software.
How do you record a Zoom meeting using your laptop
Follow these steps or use the shortcuts we provide:
Step 1: Start your Zoom meeting. Then, press Command +Control and V to start an entirely new meeting.
Step 2. Click the “Record” button located at the lower right corner of your screen. You can also use Alt and R . You’ll then see the small “Recording” mark in the upper-left corner of your screen. This will indicate the recording is in the process.
If you’re a paid subscriber, you’ll be able to choose between starting an on-site and a Cloud record here.
Step 3: Click the ‘Stop‘ button near the top of the screen to stop or pause the recording.
How do you record a Zoom meeting using your phone?
You can’t record the Zoom meeting on your Android phone or iOS phone even if you’re using a free zoom version. In addition, only registered users can access this feature.
1: Tap the three dots located on the right-bottom of your screen. Select ‘ Record to the Cloud (iOS)’ or ‘Record’ (Android); you’ll find a “Recording” icon on the top-right.
2. To pause or stop the recording, simply tap an icon for recording on the screen.