If you’ve not been living under the surface, you are aware that YouTube is the top source of streaming videos. But did you know YouTube is also the second most popular site for organically-generated traffic across the U.S. and is ranked first organically globally?
In 2020, more than 2 billion users will be logged on to YouTube each month and watch five billion videos each day! As a result, this is one of the most popular channels you must not miss when you want to advertise your brand to an online public.
So, we’ve compiled this updated list of YouTube data that you must be sure to look over when you’re considering using this platform in the coming year.
General YouTube Stats
1. YouTube has more than 2 billion active monthly user ( YouTube).
2. More than 1 billion hours of YouTube content are watched throughout the day (YouTube).
3. 70%+ YouTube watch time is using smartphones (YouTube).
4. Over 500 hours worth of video is uploaded on YouTube every hour (YouTube).
5. 100+ countries have local versions of YouTube
6. 51% of YouTube users log on to YouTube every day ( Pew Research).
7. 75% of adults view YouTube videos on their mobiles from the comfort of their homes ( Google).
8. YouTube is the second-largest of all search engines worldwide. ( Search Engine Journal).
9. More than one-third of mobile internet traffic is generated by YouTube ( Statista).
10. As of March 2019, viewers watch over 250 million hours on YouTube on T.V. screens, an growth of 39% within an entire calendar year ( Variety).
11. Mobile devices still dominate time on the screen for YouTube users with 70% (Variety).
12. YouTubers watch an average of 1 billion hours of video each day (YouTube).
13. An average user spends 17 minutes on Youtube every day ( Alexa).
14. 81% of U.S. adults admit that they watch videos often or frequently look at YouTube videos recommended by its algorithm ( Pew Research).
15. 10% of YouTube’s most popular videos earn 79% of the total viewings (Pew Research). Incredibly, just 10 percent of YouTube channels produce 70 percent of the most-watched videos.
16. YouTube is responsible for 37% of the internet traffic on mobile devices ( Statista).
YouTube usage data
17. YouTube is the second most frequently visited site
With more than 14 billion monthly visitors, YouTube clocks in as one of the web’s biggest players, right behind the parent firm, Google. “YouTube” also happens to be the third-most-popular search query on Google.
18. 640,000 hours of videos streaming on YouTube every minute
It’s more than Netflix, which lets users stream only 452,000 hours of video.
19. 81 % of people who use the internet are using YouTube.
Even if you’re not producing regular content for the website, it’s still worth being a part of one of the most well-known digital hubs, at least in some way.
20. 22 A majority Of YouTube viewers use mobile devices. Visiting the site using mobile devices.
Users on mobile devices view twice the number of YouTube websites compared to desktop visitors.
Users spend nearly 24-hours a month using YouTube’s mobile app. YouTube mobile app.
Android users worldwide spend an average of 23.7 hours a month on YouTube on their smartphones. This is another excellent statistic that can inspire mobile optimization for your content.
21. Musik is extremely well-liked on YouTube. YouTube
The most popular query used in YouTube Google searches for 2021? “Song.” The second most-searched-for search phrase? “Songs.”
22. Gaming content is popular on YouTube
It’s possible that it’s not an actual “stat” per se; however, it’s something your brand and you ought to know about. In 2021, a lot of the most-watched videos included gaming.
23. The number of sports viewers on YouTube is projected to reach 90 million by 2025.
24. 88% of U.S. parents of children aged 11 and under have said that their children watch YouTube
In addition, 53% of parents report that their children are watching YouTube videos YouTube every day or at the very least per day. This is quite different from other social networks, many of which require a minimum of 13.
The two YouTube user stats demonstrate that YouTube has a large audience across all age groups within the United States.
25. YouTube Shorts get 15 billion views per day
YouTube has introduced a fresh “Shorts” format to Indian viewers in 2020videos that run at 60 seconds and rolled out the feature to over 100 countries worldwide within the next summer. (YouTube also announced a 100 million dollar “Shorts” Fund for encouraging creators to create short-form videos.)
Today, with over 15 billion views per day, Shorts have proved to be a huge success and show that people want short and sweet videos regardless of where they’re watching a video.
YouTube Marketing Statistics
A mere 24% percent of marketers plan to develop a strategy to prepare for YouTube Live ( Sprout Social).
26.YouTube is the second most popular platform for posting videos for businesses, following Facebook ( Buffer).
27. 71% of B2B marketers utilize videos as content ( Content Marketing Institute).
28. Between 2017 and 2018, there was a two-fold increase in watching videos that inform viewers about the best items to buy ( Google).
29. YouTube is the second most used platform for the market to influencers ( Mediakix).
30. YouTube users are three times more likely to watch an instructional video than follow directions ( Google).
31. 53% of B2B marketers utilize YouTube to promote organic content (Content Marketing Institute).
32. 11% of B2B marketers utilize YouTube to share commercial media (Content Marketing Institute).
33. YouTube follows Instagram posts and Instagram Stories as the third most influential social media influencer (Mediakix).
34. 90% of customers have found a new service or product through YouTube (Google).
35. About half of the marketers invest in YouTube advertising ( Hanapin).
36. Webinars are one of the most effective types of content to convert Leads from business to business (Content Marketing Institute).
37. Mobile YouTube ads are 84 percent more likely to bring viewers to take action than television advertisements ( Ipsos).
38. 80% of buyers who got their purchase ideas from videos watched them at the start of their journey to purchase (Google).
39. The number of SMBs advertising on YouTube has increased by twofold since 2016. ( YouTube).
40. 64% of B2B marketers increased their usage of live streaming and webinars between the years 2018 between 2018 and 2019. (Content Marketing Institute).
YouTube Ad data
41. YouTube ads could be able to be seen by 2.56 billion people
YouTube is a fantastic platform with a potential reach of 2 billion people — which is 30% of the population as well as 51% of Internet users in general. If you’re looking to pursue the idea of a paid-for marketing strategy, YouTube has access to an astounding amount of people.
Of course, it’s possible that YouTube isn’t the place where your particular market is. This opportunity might not be appropriate for you.
42. Males between the ages of 25 and 34 comprise the largest audience for advertising on YouTube.
If you sort YouTube’s audience according to gender and age, Males between the ages of 25 and 34, the Millennial sweet spot, are the biggest audience on the platform, with 11.6 percent.
43. India is YouTube’s biggest advertising market
With an overall audience of 467 million, India is the country with the biggest YouTube advertising audience per mile. It is the U.S. is the second-largest, with just 247 million viewers.
44. The worldwide ad revenues of Youtube were $28 billion USD in 2021.
It’s up 46% from the previous year. It’s likely that this is where your competition is spending their advertising budgets. If you’re searching to establish a presence in the same market, you may also want to get involved in that activity.
YouTube Influencer Statistics
45. 51% of YouTube creators claim that “expressing creativity” is their top priority through the channel ( Storyblocks).
46. 34% of YouTube creators claim that they want to promote their brand or business is their aim (Storyblocks).
47. Ryan Kaji (Ryan’s World) is the highest-paid YouTube celebrity with a salary of $26 million. Ryan will turn 10 in the month of October in 2021 (Influencer Marketing Hub).
48. T-Series, India’s biggest music label and film studio, is the most popular YouTuber according to the number of subscribers having 162 million users (Influencer Marketing Hub).
49. Nearly 23% of YouTube influencers claim that an absence of time has been their main problem as creators (Storyblocks).
50. Beauty influencers account for 60% of the video views for the beauty industry on YouTube, and brands are able to get around 39% of views. Publishers comprise the remaining one percent ( Statista).
51. Only 27% of YouTubers utilize it to do full-time work (Storyblocks).
52. YouTube creators are 4x more successful in gaining brand recognition than celebrities ( Google).
53. YouTube channels bringing more than $100,000 each year increased by over 40% year-over-year ( Fortune).
54. Channels earning more than $10,000 per year increased 50 percent or more YoY (Fortune).
55. Between 2017 and 2018, the number of YouTube users who interact daily with creators grew by 70 percent ( Google).
56. YouTube creators with more than 100,000 subscribers could earn up to $2,000 for each film ( Digiday). To learn how much your favorite YouTuber makes (or the competitor you’re imagining), visit the YouTube Cash Calculator.
55. YouTube’s top creators make between $20 and $57 dollars per minute.
Top 10 YouTube Channels Revenue
YouTube gives a percentage of the advertising revenue it earns to creators (or YouTubers). If you’ve got intriguing YouTube video ideas, are aware of how to use a camera, and utilize tools for editing videos, it’s very easy to earn money online using YouTube. There are a lot of professional YouTubers making a decent amount of money through their channels. This article examines the top ten most-successful YouTube channels for 2020.
- Ryan’s World – $29.5 Million
- Mr Beast- $24 Million
- Dude Perfect- $23 Million
- Rhett and Link- $20 Million
- Markiplier – $19.5 Million
- Preston- $19 Million
- Like Nastya- $18.5 Million
- Blippi- $17 Million
- David Dobrik- $15.5 Million
- Jeffree Star $15 Million
YouTube Users by Country
|South Korea||26 Million|
Get Unlimited Graphic and Video Design Services on RemotePik, book your Free Trial
To keep yourself updated with the latest eCommerce and Amazon news, subscribe to our newsletter at www.cruxfinder.com