With platforms such as Instagram Reels, TikTok, and Vine becoming huge and frequently viral audiences, it’s clear that consumers aren’t able to get enough of it. Google’s response to the increasing trend is YouTube shorts.
Small size content has been gaining ground for a while now and expects to see a trend towards more user-generated content, behind the brands, and explainer/educational videos.
This means that businesses and marketers need to adjust and add more precise and precise information to their programs.
Table of Contents
- 1 What is YouTube shorts?
- 2 Here are the advantages of YouTube shorts:
- 3 YouTube shorts fund
- 4 How to create YouTube Shorts
- 5 How long are YouTube shorts
- 6 Ways to use YouTube Shorts
- 7 Get more Shorts views by following these easy steps
What is YouTube shorts?
YouTube Shorts is the platform’s attempt at taking on TikTok, the massively well-known short-form video app.
But in contrast to TikTok, YouTube Shorts is not a standalone application. It isn’t available as a YouTube Shorts app in the App Store or Google Play. YouTube Shorts instead lives within YouTube’s mobile application, which is the primary one. Launch the YouTube app that you already have installed on your phone to use it. You can scroll down and find the “Shorts” section.
Also, you’ll notice that there’s a “Shorts” button has replaced the “Explore” tab at the bottom of the screen in addition to “Home,” “Subscriptions,” “Library,” and the”create” button. (If YouTube Shorts isn’t currently on your list of options in the lower right of the screen, it’ll be soon.) Instead, it’s now available in the “Explore” tab and has moved to the top of the options listed on the application’s screen.
Here are the advantages of YouTube shorts:
Below are the benefits of YouTube video shorts :
- This will accelerate the development of n channels
- Increase the number of subscribers to all channels
- The views can be increased for the longer video, as well.
- With an extremely popular YouTube video, the potential to increase exponentially
- They can be used to create previews or provide teasers
- They are fun and simple to make.
- They can be used as filler videos in between your regular videos.
When one of your videos can go to the top of YouTube, the primary benefit is the possibility to attract new viewers to your next longer, more extensive videos. Another positive is that YouTube can slightly boost the number of videos shown across your channel, as you’ve earned some respect from the algorithm.
YouTube shorts logo
YouTube shorts fund
YouTube Shorts Fund YouTube Shorts Fund can be described as a fund that will award $100M to creators for their commitment to creating original, creative Shorts that delight members of the YouTube community. We’ll notify thousands of creators every month to inform them that they are eligible for a shorts bonus through the fund.
To be eligible to receive an extra reward through the YouTube Shorts Fund:
- Channels must upload at least one qualified Short within the last 180 days.
- Channels are required to adhere to the YouTube Community Guidelines, copyright rules, and monetization guidelines.
- Channels uploading videos with logos or watermarks on social media platforms that are third-party or non-original content (for instance, uncut clips from TV or films) or videos that are reuploaded from other creators’ channels will not be considered eligible.
- The creators have to be aged 13 years old or over in the United States or the age of majority in their region or country.
- Creators between 13 and 18 years old must have parents or guardians who accept conditions and establish their AdSense account to make payments if it isn’t associated with their channel.
How much can you get from the YouTube Shorts Fund?
The eligible channels can receive between $100 and $10,000 per month. The amount of bonuses is according to the geographic location of the creator’s viewers. This means that the number of viewers and the level of engagement required to be eligible can differ between creators.
Bonus payments will be sent to your channel’s AdSense account. Tax withholding and compliance with other AdSense guidelines are required for receiving the payment.
How to create YouTube Shorts
Creating YouTube shorts is a breeze when you follow these steps.
2. Tap the Create button, which is the plus sign in the bottom center.
Click the “Create” button at the top of the YouTube application.
3. In the pop-up, you can tap Create the Short with an image of a camera right next to it.
Select “Create a Short.” Grace Eliza Goodwin/Insider
4. If this is the first time you’ve used this feature, your device will request permission to let YouTube access the cameras and the microphone.
5. Once approved, you’ll be on YouTube Shorts’ YouTube Shorts recording page.
6. YouTube shorts recording duration to 15 seconds by default. If you tap upon the number “15” above the recording button, you can set the duration to 60 minutes.
7. Tap the Speed The speedometer icon is on the right side to accelerate or slow the recording.
8. You can also choose a date that the camera will begin without you having to press the Timer to the left, which is just under speed.
9. Finally, Filters allow you to apply different filtering effects to the recordings. Certain Android users might be missing this feature.
10. Once ready, click to hit the recording button. Tap it again to end the recording. Press it again to start recording the subsequent part within that same clip.
11. Tapping the Undo button on the bottom, represented by a left-facing arrow, will erase the previous segment but not the entire video. A redo button, represented as an arrow facing right, will restore the segment in the movie.
12. When you’re done recording then, press on the icon at the bottom of the screen to view your video and include text, music as well as filters. When done, tap Next.
After you’ve hit on the “done” checkmark, you can continue to enhance your video.
13. Finally, add the title and change sharing settings. Include the hashtag #shorts in the title so it’s seen or promoted by YouTube’s other Shorts videos.
Make a title, alter the sharing settings and add the Short. Grace Eliza Goodwin/Insider
14. Tap Upload, and it will be added to your YouTube.
How long are YouTube shorts
YouTube Shorts can be a means for anyone to reach out to an audience that is now using smartphones as well as the Shorts camera within YouTube. YouTube app. YouTube’s Shorts creation tools make it easy to make short-form videos as long as 60 minutes long using YouTube’s multi-segment cameras.
Ways to use YouTube Shorts
Perfect for reaching people with a shorter attention span, YouTube Shorts is the ideal solution to increase participation for your channel, increase your followers, and show off your brand’s true personality.
About 40 % of companies have already embraced short-form videos to advertise their products or services. But, if you put off this for too long, then you could be behind. So, get creating!
Tease your audience
Consider Shorts as amuse-bouches for videos for marketing and utilize the format to sate the curiosity of potential leads. You could, for instance, make a 30-second Short about a forthcoming product release with a CTA to direct viewers to a long YouTube video that provides more depth and leads your users to the landing site where they can register for early access.
Promote your regular channel
Utilize YouTube Shorts to advertise and increase the reach of your channel. Each time you publish a Short, it’s an opportunity for your content to gain some attention, and this view may be converted by a user or anyone who interacts with the content of your channel.
The subscriber box is visible whenever you publish a Short and makes it simple to sign up if people enjoy what they get to see.
Shorts will also help you navigate the algorithm of YouTube since your channel will have a higher engagement, which is among the main ranking factors that determine how YouTube decides to rank content. This will boost the number of viewers who view your channel.
Not every video needs to be perfect.
Your content for YouTube should be designed and refined to the highest level. The behind-the-scenes (BTS) footage on video will provide viewers with a glimpse at the back of your channel’s brand and your products or services.
Behind-the-scenes footage may take on a variety of different forms. Here are a few suggestions to help you start:
- Events for companies
- Product launches
- product updates or coming soon
- Workplace Renovation
BTS videos can make your company appear authentic (a major benefit to getting into the authenticity-driven Gen-Z) and help increase your brand’s confidence among consumers. Remember, people buy from people. So showing your brand’s humanity through BTS is an excellent method of building a lasting connection with potential customers and your subscribers and viewers.
The Voice’s most popular US singing competition used Shorts to present the exclusive BTS footage.
Make engagement happen instantly.
YouTube Shorts allow your viewers to interact with your company at a moment’s notice and not take the time to watch an entire video. Additionally, since most viewers quit watching videos at the first-minute mark, quick videos that are short in length ensure that your audience is watching until the end of the video is exposed to all your messages and is engaged with your CTA.
Shorts offer creators and brands the opportunity to capitalize on a fashion, e.g., a particular dance routine or challenge discussed through social media. Of course, we’re not saying you have to take on every dance contest that makes you make the rounds through social networks; however, staying up-to-date with the latest trends in the video will make your brand appear current and modern and boost the chances of becoming viral.
In 2021 the world-renowned K-pop band BTS (not to be misunderstood with their acronym meaning behind-the-scenes!) joined forces with YouTube to launch their permission to Dance Challenge and invited viewers from all over the globe to create and share an uncut version of their latest hit track.
Increase user-generated content
YouTube Shorts are a simple method to request users-generated content (UGC) since Shorts can be produced by anyone anywhere who has access to smartphones. As an example, you can send your latest product to a select group of brand loyalists and request they create YouTube Shorts that showcases the unboxing experience, which will help increase your brand’s reach.
Making YouTube Shorts is an affordable video marketing technique. The format can be developed by anyone who has a smartphone and does not require an agency for creativity or a video marketing firm to design the video content.
Get more Shorts views by following these easy steps
1. Consider Adding Thumbnails to Your Shorts
Thumbnails are essential for regular YouTube videos, But what is the case with Shorts? Are viewers required to see a thumbnail before they view a short video?
It is all dependent on the place people are watching your shorts on the YouTube application. Visit YouTube Studio. YouTube Studio and take a look at traffic sources to your shorts. Most of the time, viewers watch these videos in the application.
The app classifies them as shorts-related traffic. However, viewers can view Shorts as a normal YouTube video with advertisements, comments, and other suggested videos close by. If viewed from outside an exhibit shelf, the source of traffic can be classified as:
- Explore for features
- Video suggestions
- YouTube Search
- Other traffic sources
Thumbnails aren’t so important to the Shorts shelves; however, the thumbnails do matter for the above sources. If your Short is featured in search and/or as an ad-hoc video, it requires a thumbnail to convince users to choose to view it. There’s no need to be concerned about this issue on the Shorts shelf. In the area, people can scroll through a carousel of videos without being able to see an actual “real” thumbnail. It’s simply a random freeze-frame of the video.
2. Make Your Shorts Vertical
Did you know you could create a Short that’s square rather than vertical? We tried it in the past, but we don’t advise. If the Short can be squared, YouTube adds black bars at the top and the bottom of each video. It’s ugly and doesn’t provide the best experience for the user.
This is why you must always make sure that vertical Shorts cover the whole screen.
3. Take Advantage of Pinned Comments
It’s difficult to suggest additional videos to a Shorts user. It’s because the Shorts beta player doesn’t have end screens and information cards, Two features that could enhance your viewing.
In the meantime, make use of the possibility to save comments. For example, comment on your video and add it to the top of the page, and then include a link to other songs and videos.
4. Keep Viewers Entertained
Since Shorts are only an hour-long, it is essential to keep the audience engaged. You almost require a 100% views duration in order for highly-watched, competitive shorts. This is why certain makers are looping videos. Viewers can see the same video over and over when they aren’t able to determine where it’s ending or beginning.