So you want to learn about the most exciting industry, eCommerce? You’re in luck because that’s exactly why I decided to launch the eCommerce Training Academy. Our courses are still in the works but for now, I’ve gathered a list of ways you can get started.
Those are the same ways I learned about eCommerce myself in addition to working in the industry for over 15+ years as a Director of eCommerce & Digital Marketing.
Here are 8 ways you can learn about eCommerce:
1. Learn by Reading eCommerce Blogs
One of the quickest ways to learn about eCommerce is to read blog posts. I’ve included my favorite blogs since I’m always learning new things from them.
2. Learn by Taking Online Courses
I don’t have any specific courses to recommend as I haven’t found one that’s really good. That’s one reason why I decided to launch this academy.
Here’s a list of the most popular websites that sell courses:
3. Learn by Listening to eCommerce Podcasts
I love podcasts. You can listen to them while driving or working out. While there are many podcasts out there, I recommend you start listening to these 2:
4. Learn by Reading eCommerce Books & eGuides
I usually don’t recommend eCommerce books since they become out dated very fast. Here’s a list of those I bought myself and found them to be very valuable.
- Ecom Hell
- Jab, Jab, Jab, Right Hook
- Kick Ass Social Commerce
- The E-Myth Revisited
- Delivering Happiness
Instead of reading books, consider these popular eGuides are amazing! Download them for free.
- How to Find A Product To Sell Online: The Definitive Guide
- eCommerce Branding Guide
- The Ultimate Guide to Business Plans
- 50 Ways to Make Your First Sale
- A Legal Guide to eCommerce
- The Ultimate Guide to Dropshipping
- Shipping and Fulfillment 101
- eCommerce Analytics for Absolute Beginners
5. Learn by Attending eCommerce Webinars
There isn’t a specific webinar I recommend but there many software providers & agencies that host webinars.
For now you can try Practical eCommerce Webinars.
6. Learn by Attending eCommerce Events
7. Learn by Networking with eCommerce People
One thing I enjoy most about eCommerce is the networking. It’s fun and exciting to meet new people. Whether you’re looking for online store owners or eCommerce professionals, networking makes it possible.
My top 3 favorite ways to network are: Facebook Groups, Meetups and online communities.
Consider joining these eCommerce Facebook Groups:
8. Learn by Opening Your Own Store
I left this one for last. Back in the day, opening an online store was hard. Now, with all the new technology out there, it’s much easier now to launch an eCommerce business. This doesn’t mean you will succeed but it’s one of the best ways to learn how to sell products online.
I recommend you open a store on Shopify (affiliate link). It’s affordable, easy to setup, great support and offers a fantastic array of apps as well as a very active online community.