With more than 10,800 stores across more than 25 nations, Walmart has become a major player in the field of retail. With a wide selection of products at low prices, including furniture, electronics, apparel, household items, and much more, Walmart has become an all-in-one shop for millions of customers. Additionally, with the purchase of a Walmart credit card, or Walmart Rewards credit card, customers can enjoy even more savings and reward points.
Table of Contents
- 1 Walmart credit card rewards
- 2 Where can you use a Walmart credit card?
- 3 What You Need to Know Before You Apply for the Walmart Card
- 4 How to Apply for Walmart Credit Card Online
- 5 How do I obtain Walmart Credit Card instant approval?
- 6 Make a Payment for Walmart Credit Card Online
- 7 How to Cancel Your Walmart Credit Card
- 8 How Closing Your Walmart Card Affects Your Credit Score
Walmart credit card rewards
When you first open the Walmart Credit Card, you’ll receive $20 back on every purchase that is $75 or more. In addition, cardholders earn a 3 % discount on purchases through walmart.com and 2.2% back on gasoline (but be aware that the card can exclusively be utilized for purchases at Walmart and Murphy USA gas stations) and 1 percent back on other purchases. Members also get specific financing options or different lengths and an unrestricted FICO credit score.
Where can you use a Walmart credit card?
You can utilize the Walmart credit card wherever Mastercard can be used. However, Walmart(r) Store Card is only available at Walmart(r) Store Card is only available at Walmart, Walmart.com, Walmart Neighborhood Market, Sam’s Club, and Murphy USA gas stations. You must have fair credit to purchase either of these cards.
Here’s how to make use of the credit card of your choice: Walmart MasterCard:
- Walmart stores (over 9000 locations)
- Walmart.com (open 24/7)
- Sam’s Club (600 locations)
- Walmart Neighborhood Market (700 locations)
- Murphy USA (1,650+ locations)
- Anyplace where MasterCard is accepted
You can therefore make use of your Walmart(r) Store Card at five kinds of stores. However, you’re not able to use it elsewhere. If you’re a holder of Capital One’s Capital One Walmart Rewards(r) Mastercard(r), however, you’ll be allowed to use it almost everywhere that accepts credit across 200 states and countries. Of course, you’ll need a fair credit score to qualify for either card.
What You Need to Know Before You Apply for the Walmart Card
When applying for the Walmart credit card, it is important to know that Walmart has two types of credit cards: the Walmart credit card and the Walmart Mastercard. The process of applying for a card is identical for both cards, and you aren’t able to choose the card you want to apply to, and the issuer will be able to approve your application for either or both cards.
The primary target group of this Walmart credit card is Walmart customers with outstanding credit scores. However, customers with no or little credit are eligible to apply for the only-for-store Walmart card.
The main point is the fact that a Walmart credit card in stores Walmart credit card will be much easier to acquire than the majority of credit cards, like those that are the Walmart Mastercard. So it’s the perfect choice for people looking to improve or build their credit rating.
Your Credit Score Matters
Before applying to apply, you must be aware of the score of your credit. This is because those with better credit scores are more likely to be approved by the Walmart Mastercard that can be used any place Mastercard can be used.
People with lower scores could be eligible for less-than-perfect scores could be eligible for a Walmart credit card, which is associated with a store-only card. The cards both originate from Capital One, one of the largest bankers across the U.S.
The information you have about your credit rating ahead of time will allow you to determine the likelihood of being approved. You can make use of any online tool to find your credit score.
Credit scores of applicants that hover within the extremely high 500s are approved to apply for the Walmart credit card. Additionally, those with credit scores between 600 and 700 have received approval to use the Walmart Mastercard.
However, this is merely a generalization and is not a guarantee of whether you’ll be accepted. The number of points you score on credit is not the only thing considered.
It is also important to review the conditions and terms before making an application to understand how interest rates are calculated and the charges associated with your card. The information is available on the page for an application.
How to Apply for Walmart Credit Card Online
It’s easy to apply for Walmart credit cards online.
- You can complete a Walmart.com credit card application by visiting www.walmart.com/creditcard.
- On their website, select “Apply now” at the very top. If you’re not signed in to Walmart.com, You’ll need to log in to your account.
- If you don’t yet have a Walmart.com account, you’ll require a new account to apply for a Walmart credit application.
- To sign up for an account, Click “Create a new account.”
- Enter your first and last names and email address. Set up a password and then hit “Create Account.”
- Once you’ve created an account, go to the sign-in page, and type in your username and email addresses. Then, select “Sign in.”
- Include your home address, phone number, your Social Security number, your date of birth, and how much you earn each year (your earnings after tax has been paid).
- Hit the green “Continue” button and follow the prompts to complete your application.
Other Ways to Apply for a Walmart Credit Card
You can also apply for a Walmart credit card at any Walmart branch. Request a cashier for an application or go to their MoneyCenter to fill out an application.
How do I obtain Walmart Credit Card instant approval?
You must meet the minimum prerequisites. In addition, you must apply through the internet, in person, or in-store, be 18+ years old and possess an actual U.S. mailing address and a Social Security number.
Examine the credit scores of your loved ones. Be sure that you have a credit score of at or above 640. Otherwise, your chances of getting immediate approval are slim.
Check your credit reports. Make sure you dispute any errors to ensure they don’t hold you from getting instant approval. If you’ve got a frozen credit report, you should lift it before submitting your application. If you don’t, the credit bureau cannot review your credit and approve it immediately. The issuer might pull data credit information from TransUnion, Equifax, or Experian.
Apply in-store. There are two ways to apply at Walmart: at the register or at the counter for jewelry. If you’re approved once the issuer has run your credit check, you’ll get an interim card at the time of application, and you can use it within the store the next day.
Apply online. It is possible to apply for a Walmart Credit Card online and receive instant approval. If approved, you’ll receive an account number for a temporary period that can purchase items from the moment you apply.
Walmart Credit Card applications are usually approved or denied immediately or later that same day. However, if you don’t receive immediate approval, it may take a week or two for you to receive a response.
Make a Payment for Walmart Credit Card Online
You’ll need to sign up to access your online account to make a purchase online. Here’s how:
- Visit your Walmart credit card login page.
- Then, select “Set Up My Account.”
- Enter your name, first name, last initial, Social Security Number, bank account number, and birth date.
- Select “Find Me.”
- Follow the next steps to select a username as well as a password.
- After your account has been set up, you can pay online. Here’s how:
- Visit this page to access the Walmart credit card login page.
- Log in using an account username/password you picked at the time of registration.
- Then, choose “Make a Payment” from the “Make a Payment” tab.
- Choose the amount you wish to settle, the day you’d like to make the payment, and the location where the money will come from to complete the transaction.
How to Cancel Your Walmart Credit Card
Suppose you’re looking to cancel your account as soon as possible, contact the customer service number that appears on your statement. A representative from customer service can help you cancel your card.
If you want to, you can shut down or close your Walmart credit line by writing an email addressed to Capital One at the address on your statement. To ensure delivery, it’s best to mail the letter using certified mail. The letter should include the name of the person who is sending it, the billing address, account number, and an invitation to shut down the account. There is no need to provide why you’re closing the account; however, should you be writing a follow-up to a telephone call, you must provide the time and date of the call. Time of the call, your name, and the agent’s number to whom you spoke.2
How Closing Your Walmart Card Affects Your Credit Score
Capital One reports your credit card activity to three main credit bureaus (Equifax, Experian, and TransUnion). Closing your account could adversely affect your credit score depending on the time you’ve used the card. If your Walmart credit card is your most cherished credit card, think about paying off the amount while keeping the account open. Otherwise, your average age for your accounts will decrease and could lower your credit rating.4
Walmart offers a range of ways to pay for credit cards, including online or over the phone, through the mail, and within-store (at each of Walmart and Sam’s Club, if you’re already a Sam’s Club member).