The Best SEO techniques & Tips that are sure to drive organic traffic in 2022.
SEO is a constantly evolving beast. When you think you have a clear idea of what Google is searching for, an algorithm change will throw a wrench into your plan.
Although there will be algorithm changes and enhancements, certainly tried and tested SEO techniques & strategies will remain used. When you implement these strategies on your site, you can increase your chances of ranking and secure your site against Google’s inevitable updates.
Table of Content
- 1 On Page Seo Techniques
- 2 Technical/Offpage SEO Tips for 2022
- 3 Bad SEO Practices to Avoid in 2022
On Page Seo Techniques
1. Target Longtail Keywords
The long-tail keywords are more extended and specific than standard search terms. As a result, they generally have smaller search volumes than short keywords, but they can be highly beneficial.
Long-tail keywords let you know the reason why people use a specific search and not just what they’re looking for. They are also responsible for a higher volume of searches than the shorter keyword.
A recent study has found that 91.8 % of search results are long-tail keywords. This is an enormous shift from the beginning that the Internet was a thing.
You should target longer-tail keywords because they tend to have more intention to search. This is because they are more specific, which means you can narrow your keywords down to closely related actions that you wish users to perform on your website.
Tips to add long-tail keywords into your content:
- Choose the blog topics you’d like to write about.
- Choose long-tail keyword phrases that relate to the topics you are interested in. They should have significant search volume and low, competitive/CPC.
- Make sure you narrow your search terms to those with the highest search-related intention. For instance, if you are a credit card business and one of your main topics involves “opening a credit card,” A long-tail keyword that you could target is “how to open a credit card for the first time.”
- Write relevant information that addresses the user’s intent behind the selected keyword.
2. Use Keywords in Alt Text for Images
Alt text, also known as alternative text, is a brief description of an image. It’s still an important Google ranking factor, with MozCast declaring that it has more than 20% effect on search results.
Alt text can serve three major applications:
accessibility: alt text can be read aloud with the aid of visually impaired screen readers. Unfortunately, for online stores, 55% of them do not meet the basic accessibility standards.
Context: If an image cannot load on the page, The alt text will appear as an alternative that provides context for users.
Search engine optimization Search engine crawlers utilize alt text to find an image properly. Google has confirmed the 2021 date 2021 that alt-text was “still important for SEO.”
As the Internet grows more accessible as it becomes more accessible, so too is the Google algorithm. It means that websites that are accessible are given a higher priority over non-accessible equivalents. The more accessible a website has, the greater chance of attracting traffic.
Tips on how to use the right keywords for alt texts
- First, think about the image and write a short description in line with the image.
- Be sure that your description is an honest description of the photo. Do not be overly complicated.
- Consider ways to include the keywords you want to target or others in the alt text. For example, highlight the fact that an image is an illustration of the process you want your content will be explained.
3. Use Keywords in Headers
If you insert keywords into headers, it signals to users and search engines that your content meets the intended purpose behind the keywords. Similar to how a table of contents can provide the user with context and provide context to them, keywords in headers may be the same for search engines.
Although most SEO experts believe that headlines are crucial, this doesn’t mean you have to force keywords to make sense in a way that doesn’t make sense.
Tips for using keywords in headers:
- Choose the keyword you want to use in your blog post to be included within the headings.
- Enter the keyword in an online tool for keyword research to search for other synonyms for it.
- Utilize the word or variations of it in headers and text as frequently as possible (aim to include at least 40 percent of your headers).
4. Focus on Great UX (User Experience)
Beyond the content and keywords Beyond that, you must think about the experience your customers experience from beginning to end.
Google will consider a number of elements when evaluating your site; one of the factors is the amount of time spent by visitors on your page (or dwell time). If visitors are leaving your website within a few minutes after they arrive, it is a signal to Google that the page isn’t providing the information that users are seeking.
The main factor affecting bounce and dwell times is how long it takes an internet web page to complete loading. A review of more than 5 million mobile and desktop pages found that the median time for a page on the Internet to load fully is 10.3 seconds for desktops and 27.3 seconds for mobile.
5. Include Multiple Media Types
There are a few ways you can directly improve your SERP ranking. One of them is to utilize various media types throughout your blog.
Apart from images, the media may include videos, audio files, ebooks, and GIFs. These types of media are intended to be viewed and enjoyed by users and, consequently, can increase the time spent on your site and improve the user experience.
Tips to include other media types:
- If you haven’t, make YouTube channels to provide an additional marketing channel to grow your following.
- Include YouTube YouTube clips that discuss similar subjects in pertinent blog posts.
- Use relevant audio from podcasts to relate to your subject.
- Show data and stats in more exciting ways, like with visualization of data and various other graphics that are custom made.
6. Use Internal Links
I have mentioned that Google evaluates the amount of time spent on pages when determining your site’s ranking. Another similar metric to consider is the time users spend on your site in general. This is another important ranking factor that Google uses to determine its algorithm.
The longer users stay on your site, the deeper down the funnel they’re likely to be. It also signals the search engine that you have content of high quality and pertinent.
Most SEOs think that every blog post should contain at least 2-5 internal links. The majority of users spend the same amount of time working on both their internal and links from external sources.
The two most important steps to increase the duration of your site are:
- Write engaging, in-depth content
- Hyperlink to pertinent internal content
When you include links to content on your internal pages and drive users deeper into the website, this increases the likelihood of them engaging in relevant interactions when they interact with the content (e.g., making an online comment on a blog article or sharing it on social media) this, in turn, helps to improve SERP rankings.
7. Focus on “Top of the Funnel” Keyword Phrases
The three major stages of the funnel include awareness, consideration, and the final decision.
When I refer to”the top” of the funnel, I’m talking about the key phrases that catch the attention of potential customers. In actual fact, 95 percent of marketers ensure that they create content for their brands that targets top-of-funnel keywords.
Content that focuses on these phrases is intended to increase “awareness” around the topic. They can draw readers into the story without expecting them to do anything. This is what the remainder of the funnel serves.
Technical/Offpage SEO Tips for 2022
Here are some important SEO-related tips for technical SEO that you can implement in 2022.
It was once the case that backlinks were the secret treasures of SEO. True that backlinks are still a key search engine ranking factor Google However, the quality of these backlinks has become more important than ever.
The year 2021 was the time Google introduced an algorithm update that focused on and decreased the value of bad backlinks. Although no websites were penalized for the update, it did not count a large number of backlinks that a lot of sites were used to, which impacted rankings.
There are still a lot of websites in existence that do not receive organic visitors from Google and more than 91 percent of sites, in fact. This is due to the fact that over 50 percent of these pages don’t have even one backlink.
Tips to avoid links that are spammy:
- Audit your website to find out the backlinks your site is currently receiving.
- Before you disavow a bad backlink, make contact with the site and ask the site to remove it.
- Google according to Google, websites that provide affiliate links on your site have to validate the hyperlinks – therefore, be certain to request affiliates to use the appropriate HTML tag.
2.Build Your Brand
Since the end of 2000, Google has increasingly put an emphasis on brand names. Particularly, they search for signs of brand recognition as a means to eliminate false information to give more reliable results for every search. This makes it an important ranking aspect.
If a brand’s image is consistently present across all their media, revenue can increase by as much as 23 percent. Branding also allows you to communicate your beliefs and improve the level of customer loyalty. 90 % of clients are ready to stay loyal to brands with their values.1
As you establish and grow your business, it will begin to receive more traffic from non-branded and the branded terms. This is why I receive millions of organic views every month!
Tips for building your brand
- Find out which social networks your intended audience is using and adjust your approach accordingly! 82% of Americans are on social media; therefore, it is important to feel confident using it to market your business.
- You might consider the possibility of forming a partnership with another brand that is similar to yours. For instance, Lego and IKEA formed an alliance that benefited both. Look for companies whose goods or services complement yours and see if collaborating is possible.
- When planning your campaign to increase awareness of your brand, Make sure you highlight your brand’s story, personality, and core values. Be more specific than the products you offer. This will appeal to your audience.
3.Create Thought-Leadership and Strategic Content
If you’ve got solid, foundational content (i.e., the targeted words) on your site, It’s time to think about your strategy. It’s important to become more than an information website and an authority one. You can achieve this by using leadership in thought and strategic content.
In reality, 54 percent of those in charge claim that they spend at least one hour a week perusing thought leadership information pertaining to their company. Yet 71% of them claim they read less than 50 percent their reading provides them with important insights.
That means that there’s an enormous opportunity in this material. It’s a matter of looking ahead and responding to questions that haven’t been requested at the moment. You must be able to directly communicate with the leaders in your industry and experts in the field by staying up to speed with the present situation.
Tips for creating thought-leadership content and more content that is strategic:
- Seek out trends in your industry’s direction in the coming five to 10 years. Then, create content that speaks to their needs.
- Consider the most frequently asked questions within your field that could be answered with data. Choose topics for which you have the ability and resources to offer pertinent information points.
- Set Google alerts so that you are up to date on the latest news and events that impact your business. Be among the first to write about and share your thoughts on the subject, supported by valuable information.
What exactly does it mean to broaden your profile of backlinks? In simple terms, you need as many backlinks as you can from as many different websites as is possible.
An Ahfrefs study that examined more than one billion pages on the Internet discovered that 66.31 percent had no referring domains, and 26.29 percent had three or fewer referring domains. Just 0.1 percent of websites contained more than 100 domains that were referred to, which is quite eye-opening the moment you stop and consider it.
5.Use Subject Matter Experts to Increase Your EAT Score
EAT is a reference to expertise, authority, and trust.
A score for EAT is among the most crucial elements when determining the quality of a page. Although you don’t need to have the qualifications of authority on every topic you are writing about, it is important that you must be following in the footsteps of those who write content that has an improved score.
The majority of customers typically go through between three and five pages of information prior to speaking with the sales rep. Engaging with experts in the field of replicating their content improves the likelihood of buyers engaging with your content prior to going to the next step.
If you’re working on thought-leadership, content is not a problem, and you may still consult experts on the subject for guidance. Although interviews with experts are the best, there’s no one best option for you to “borrow” their authority.
You can also hyperlink to interviews conducted with other creators of content, add quotes from experts on the subject in your articles or even highlight other forms of content in which the subject has been covered, like podcasts, videos, or infographics.
Strategies for making use of subject matter experts to boost your EAT score
- Find experts on a particular subject by using professional directories, such as trade publications, using LinkedIn, and joining similar Facebook groups.
- Check that the topic specialist you are focusing on is perfect for the audience you are targeting.
- If the subject matter expert cannot devote much time to work with you, be flexible in how you collaborate with them. This could mean asking them to look over your content to ensure accuracy and afterward naming them on your page.
Bad SEO Practices to Avoid in 2022
Now that we’ve covered the most crucial ways that you can be at the top of Google with a more effective strategy for SEO for 2022. Let’s look at certain things to stay clear of.
Keyword stuffing refers to the process of inserting as many keywords, both related and connected, into a particular piece of content as is possible. The theory is that the greater the number of relevant keywords that an article’s content contains, the more relevant and relevant it will be and the more highly it will be ranked on SERPs. However, the opposite is also true.
If a particular keyword is seen frequently on a page, it is marked as spam by Google’s crawlers. This can negatively impact ranking.
The best way to avoid it is to reduce the density of keywords to 2 percent or less. This applies to the main keyword but also to related keywords related to the topic.
Keyword cannibalization happens when more than one page on your website is focused on the same primary keyword. This is more common on modern websites, where the owners may decide it is better to divide it into larger chunks of content to build more pages.
For instance, if their desired keyword for the target keyword is “meringue,” and they create one blog post about “How to Make the Perfect Meringue,” as well as an article about “X Common Mistakes When Making Meringue.” To prevent being able to cannibalize, a more comprehensive post is required with both titles in H2s. This is called”pillar content.
A little bit similar to keyword cannibalization is duplicate content.
Duplicate content is a substantive block of content that corresponds and is consistent with content found elsewhere on the website or on the Internet. This is also referred to as plagiarism.
To stop Google from marking web pages as duplicate, you can use these suggestions:
- Make 301 redirects.
- Keep a consistent URL structure.
- Use top-level domains.
- Use the noindex tag to identify content that is syndicated.
4.Exact Match Anchor Text
Like keyword stuffing shouldn’t need exact anchor text words that match appear too frequently within your posts. Why? It’s a clear warning for search engines to know that you’re trying to alter rankings.
The aim is to have only 10-20 % of all referring domains linked in exactly at least partially.
5.Spammy Link Building
Although we have already discussed this subject in a way, it’s still worthwhile to revisit. There is a correct way to acquire backlinks and a wrong approach.
There are some obvious culprits, including link directories, blogs, comments on blog posts, and a link scheme. It is also important to review your relationship with any domains you refer to.