PayPal is an online payment service that allows you to shop without entering your debit or credit card information online. It is easy to create an account with a PayPal account and begin using it in just a few minutes.
PayPal is accepted as a payment method at more merchants than any other online payment system. But, you can utilize PayPal for more than simply purchasing items online. You can operate your own business that receives and makes PayPal payments, arrange fundraisers for groups, give to charities, and so much more.
Table of Contents
- 1 The 3 Types of PayPal Accounts
- 2 How do you set up a PayPal account:
- 3 How to delete your PayPal account
- 4 How to Recover your PayPal account
- 5 How to contact PayPal customer service
The 3 Types of PayPal Accounts
When PayPal first began back in the year 1998, it had two types of accounts: Individual accounts as well as Business accounts.
Since the beginning of this year, they’ve also added a new type of account called “PayPal Payments Pro.” Below is a breakdown for each type of account:
1. Personal Account
Personal accounts are designed for those looking for an online credit or debit card processor. It’s great for sending or requesting money from family members or cash to your friends.
It’s also great to receive cash if you sell products and services through an online marketplace, such as eBay and Etsy. But, again, this is because it has a tiny fee.
The drawback of using your account to sell is that your seller’s name will be displayed at the time of each transaction. This can impact your privacy online, especially when selling under a person’s pseudonym.
Using a personal account to sell products and services also limits the type of payment you can accept. It’s therefore only an ideal option for those who offer goods or services.
2. Business Account
PayPal’s business accounts are geared toward business customers whose primary goal is to market products and services on the internet. It is a good option for E-Commerce businesses and brick-and-mortar shops.
Business accounts include all the advantages that are offered by personal accounts along with the additional benefits:
- PayPal accepts payments via debit card, credit card, and other PayPal accounts.
- You can make and receive payments using your company name, which can help ensure your privacy.
- You can allow at least 200 of your employees to access your company account.
- It lets you track the status of your payments and provide live customer service and print labels.
The additional reason for this is opening a business bank account is a good idea for anyone who has to pay frequently.
3. PayPal Payment Pro Account
PayPal Pro is most suited for large businesses that handle an abundance of daily transactions.
It provides all the advantages of a corporate account while offering the capability of receiving further payments. In addition, it is possible to receive payments via telephone, fax, or mail. This opens up possibilities.
PayPal Pro allows you lower prices, no setup charges, and no cancellation fees.
How do you set up a PayPal account:
- First, go to PayPal’s site, then click on the sign-up button at the top-right corner.
- Select the type of account you’d like, such as Business Account, Click next.
- Select the country & click Get Started.
- Enter your number and verify it.
- Enter the details of your name, email address, and password, then click to continue.
- Enter your address and any other information you need, Then select Proceed.
- Optional: Click the blue Start button to enter your credit, debit, or bank information.
- Check your email by pressing on the link in the email sent to you via PayPal.
How to delete your PayPal account
1. Log in to your PayPal account on a laptop or desktop. A PayPal account cannot be closed except on the computer. It cannot be closed using a mobile phone.
The first step to deleting your account is to log into your account.
2. Click the gear icon in the upper-right part of your screen to open the Settings menu.
3. In the Account tab, under Accounts Options, Click close your account.
4. Enter your bank details, if required, Then click close account.
How to Recover your PayPal account
If you’ve lost your PayPal password & want your PayPal account recovery, You can reset it using these steps:
- Visit the PayPal website and click “Sign In” at the top right-hand corner of the page.
- Simply click on “Forgot your password?”
- Fill in your email, then click “Continue.”
- PayPal can send you an email with an option to reset your password.
How to contact PayPal customer service
1. Contacting PayPal on Social Media
1. Send an email directly to @AskPayPal. If you have an existing Twitter account, sending an email directly to PayPal is simple. Just search for AskPayPal in the mobile app and click Send us a private message in their pinned tweet.
Add the details of your PayPal account number or email address within your message’s subject for speedy assistance.
2 Write to PayPal on Facebook. PayPal’s official Facebook Page. To send messages, you must sign into Facebook and click Send a message near the top.
Chatting with a representative
1. Go to https://www.paypal.com/us/smarthelp/contact-us.
It’s impossible sending an email message to PayPal now; however, one can still send an email to a chat agent.
It could take a few minutes and several hours to receive an answer. If a representative is available to talk to you, you’ll get informed by email.
2. Scroll to the end at the end of the page. Contact options are listed in the “Other ways to contact us.”
3. Click Message Us to send PayPal an email. The message will be displayed in PayPal’s assistance, which appears like a normal chat window.
1 Go to https://www.paypal.com/us/smarthelp/contact-us in a web browser. You can also access the site by clicking on Contact at the end of every PayPal page.
2. Scroll to the end on the screen. Contact options are listed in the “Other ways to contact us.”
3. Click Call Us. The phone receiver icon is on the right of the row of icons.
4. Call the number displayed. You’ll be presented with the 6-digit passcode, followed by PayPal’s support numbers in the region you are in. Call the support number and make sure you have the passcode in hand.
If you are waiting too long, you can refresh the page, then call us back to get a new coupon.
5. When asked, enter the passcode. After the passcode has been verified and you’re transferred to an agent.