For pleasure or business, blogging can be a profitable and lucrative method to spend time online. Adding fresh content or your voice as a company to a topic or subject will propel your business or website from being a tin-pot of insignificance to a sudden viral hit. Many people love blogging, and for businesses, it’s a vital way to stay in contact with your customers.
A blog for your online business will help improve brand recognition and generate revenues. In addition, a blog can transform your online company into something more than an online platform where customers can make transactions and allows you to interact with your customers on a more personal level.
Of course, you could opt not to create blogs, but your competition has likely already started blogging, which puts you at a disadvantage.
Table of Contents
- 1 Why should you blog on an eCommerce site?
- 2 How to start a blog on your Ecommerce website?
- 3 What to Include in Your E-Commerce Blog
- 4 Conclusion
Why should you blog on an eCommerce site?
Tell your audience about your business and products.
Blogging is an excellent way to educate the readers about your products. In the blog post, you will explain how you can use the product and why they should purchase it. It is also possible to tell your readers about yourself as well as your company. You’ll also be able to present the story of what you offer from your perspective. If, for instance, selling baby clothes on your website, creating a blog about children and fashion is a good idea.
Be on top of your game.
If you write regularly and post your blog’s posts via social media, you’ll be in the minds of your followers. Your readers should keep you in mind, even if they’re not likely to purchase any items immediately. When a customer comes across one of your posts that discusses what to wear for children for a hot day, for example, the user might not immediately be inclined to purchase new clothes for their kids. However, they will get to know you and your website through your blog article. This way, you increase the chances that people think of you when they require new clothes for their kids.
Blogging can be a powerful SEO strategy.
A blog can help with SEO too. Every time you write a fresh blog post, it’s adding fresh content that Google loves. Furthermore, keeping a blog up can allow you to begin writing articles related to the keywords you’d like to rank for.
How to start a blog on your Ecommerce website?
1. Set up Your Blog Section
This is a breeze if you’re using Shopify since there’s already an inbuilt blog section.
It’s called News, and you can modify it to suit your preferences. Change its name, for example, blog, The Blog, or whatever you’d like.
Note: These instructions are for Shopify stores
- Go to Shopify Admin.
- Choose the Online Store, then select Blog posts.
- Input your blog’s title as well as the content.
- Navigate to Organization, then choose the option to create a blog from the Blog drop-down menu.
- Enter the Blog Title.
- Then Save.
Add a new blog to your site.
- Log into your Shopify admin.
- Choose the Online Store. Then, select Blog Posts.
- Click on Manage Blogs.
- Select to add a blog post.
- Complete your blog post. Include images, modify the setting, then include the title.
- Then save it.
The menu of your site or top navigation will help your users understand what your site will be about as well as what it can provide. Therefore, it should match the design of your site.
If you decide to add blogs to your eCommerce site, ensure that it is visible on the menu. Blogs should be visible on the main menu.
Separate it from the categories of your eCommerce website. It should be placed to either the left (next to the home page) or the right of the menu.
You must be able to access your blog’s homepage. In the end, you would like your visitors to be able to find your blog. Furthermore, you could connect your blog to your site.
3. Publish Relevant Content
There is nothing worse than a blog post merely discussing the advantages of using a company’s products. A good blog covers subjects that will interest the intended audience.
Understanding your intended audience can help you create more engaging blog posts. Start with market research as well as competitor analysis. You could also maybe even survey your existing customers.
Once you’ve done this process, coming up with topics will be easy, and you’ll be able to start writing.
4. Distribute your content
There’s a saying among the community of content marketers which states that “20% of content marketing is writing, 80% is distributing.” So it’s possible that you can write the most thorough piece on applying eyeliner; however, if you’re not disseminating the content and limiting the audience to find it and read it.
After you’ve built up your email list and you’ve accumulated enough subscribers, you can start publishing blogs into your newsletters. Successful marketers will allow people to sign up for specific emails to receive targeted content. Newsletters are an excellent way to connect with people already part of your network.
Another common distribution channel is the social media platform, but simply publishing your blog post and logging off will not cut it. You can take a cue from Printful’s book in what they did to promote their website, growing their presence on social media. Instead of just posting the article, they separated each part into distinct tweets. This lets your readers know what to expect before clicking and makes the article more easily shared.
If Twitter isn’t your thing, Don’t fret; there are plenty of other options to share your blog, such as:
- Repurposing it on Pinterest
- Make a video for YouTube
- Turning it into podcast content
- Stories and posts on Instagram
- Advertising it on your site through pop-ups or bars. You can also use banners, pop-ups, and pop-ups.
- Facebook community groups
- Reddit along with Quora forums
- Guest posts on the website of a different brand’s website
5. Pre-Launch Campaign and Publish Blog Content
Before you even begin blogging, you must ensure that you take care of the pre-launch campaign. A properly planned blog is more likely to be successful. You’ll need to decide on the kind of content you’d like to publish as well as the frequency of its posting.
To create a successful strategy for content, be sure to follow these suggestions:
- Set your goals. Don’t set up abstract goals to measure your growth. Instead, set goals that are specific milestones, like “1000 newsletter subscribers by the end of the year.”
- Determine your ideal audience. Get to know the most common traits of your audience, their personalities, as well as their needs, anxieties, and expectations.
- Find the online forums where your intended readers meet. For instance, if your website is focused on books, you should check out the book section on Reddit. Likewise, if you can imagine yourself in your readers’ shoes in your writing, your blog’s content will be a hit with the readers.
- Find your competition. Find out the primary competitors in your blog’s area of expertise. Study and study their most popular blog posts and find out what is working well for their readers, then try to discover areas in which your blog can be more effective or provide a unique viewpoint. This will allow you to distinguish yourself from other blogs.
- Choose the subjects you’ll be writing about. When choosing them, consider every bit of information you’ve gathered about your audience and your competition.
- Do keyword research to discover the interest level and the level of competition for each topic you choose. In addition, there should be a solid evidence-based reason as to the reason each topic was chosen.
- Create a schedule for your blog posts. The secret to gaining an audience that is loyal is regularity. So it’s best to stick to a consistent schedule instead of churning out many posts, then being absent for a prolonged period.
What to Include in Your E-Commerce Blog
When you’re creating an online business, most stores already come with blogs as a feature. If your store is built using WordPress, the blog feature is easy since it’s the kind of platform created to be used. Whatever your CMS and store-building platform There are some items you’ll always require for your blog, such as:
About Page, This ought to be obvious. However, you must identify yourself when you run your online shop. When you want your customers to take out their credit cards, it is essential to communicate an impression of trust. However, beyond focusing on the store’s manager, it’s also an excellent idea to identify who’s contributing to the blog. Give a face to the blog’s voice. Make sure that people can connect.
Products Link It’s easy to overdo this; however, if you refer to the product you sell in your blog, you can provide a link. The less work your customers, will have to complete to purchase your product, the more likely they’ll purchase.
Social Media link: It is essential to make it easy for people to connect with you via all the popular social media platforms and share the content you post (which we’ll talk about in more detail in the future). Simple WordPress plugins such as AddThis or Digg Digg will do the trick.
CTA This is not required on every page; however, having the call-to-action (CTA) in a specific place is an excellent idea. Don’t let potential customers go to another site. Instead, let them know where you would like them to go to complete purchases. One option is to establish an email newsletter and let your blog act as a way to increase the number of subscribers.
A blog can be an excellent way to market and improve SEO for online stores. Through your blog posts, you can inform people about your brand and products or perhaps about your personal life. You must conduct thorough keyword research prior to writing and ensure that the content you write is interesting to read. There are no excuses, just begin blogging!