Editing your videos can make them appear more professional and polished. YouTube comes with editing tools available at no cost and doesn’t require having a lot of experience using complex editing software to utilize these tools.
Table of Contents
- 1 How to Edit YouTube Videos for free
- 2 How to trim the start and end of a YouTube video
- 3 How to trim a section out of the middle of a YouTube video
- 4 How to edit YouTube videos on iPhone
- 5 How to Edit YouTube videos on Android
- 6 Top 5 Best YouTube Video Editing Software for YouTube Beginners
How to Edit YouTube Videos for free
The YouTube video editor can be a basic tool for editing; however, it will let you remove clips from the video in any way. So, read on to find out how you can chop into your videos within the YouTube platform.
1. Sign in to YouTube Studio.
2. On the left-hand sidebar, select Content.
3. In Uploads, click on the clip’s thumbnail you wish to edit.
Although YouTube supports various formats (3GPP, AVI, FLV MOV, MPEG4, MPEG-PS, WebM, and WMV), YouTube recommends the format is MPEG4 or “MP4” when uploading any videos to preserve the best quality that is possible. If you’re using a different format, utilize tools such as Veed’s video converter to convert any video format to MP4 format. This will let you upload the video on YouTube without sacrificing quality.
4. On the left sidebar, Click Editor.
5. Cut the beginning and end of the video.
If you’d like to cut the beginning, ending, or end of your film, choose trim located close to your video’s timer and just above the timeline panel.
There should be an orange box on the edges of your video timeline panel. Drag them to trim portions of the beginning of the end in your cut you do not want to include in your final edited version. Next, go to preview to see the edit, and then click Save in the upper right-hand corner when you’re happy.
6. Trim clips out of the middle of your video.
Click trim if you’d like to cut an individual clip from within your film. Then, click on the beginning of the part of the video you’d like to eliminate in the Timeline panel and click the Split button.
In the next panel, press the end of the video clip you’d like to delete and then press the Split button again.
Then, select the blue line either at the beginning of the end of your clip and move it to the opposite side to remove it from the middle of your clip. Finally, select the Preview button to preview the edited version, and choose Save when you’re happy.
7. Add an end screen to your video.
If you would like to offer your users the option to view the related video or playlists or join your channel, simply click the end screen icon at the bottom of the timeline’s panel. The image below shows the icon for the end screen in red.
You can upload your current end screen templates by applying the template from the menu that pops up (this is a useful guide to creating an original template) or select from the editor’s native choices such as Playlist, Video Subscribe, Channel, or Link.
Although YouTube’s video editing tools within Creator Studio are useful, you might be looking for a more powerful editing tool. If that’s the case, check out our article about the five most effective YouTube video editors.
How to trim the start and end of a YouTube video
1. You can open the video you want to edit using YouTube Studio. YouTube Studio video editor.
2. Simply click “Trim” under the video preview.
3. Move the blue bar around the right and left edges of the timeline video to determine the start and end of the movie.
4. In the bar at the bottom of the window, you can click “Preview” to see the changes.
5. You are free to make further changes – simply select “Edit Trim” to reenter the edit mode. Then, select “Preview” to make the further modification.
6. Once you’re finished making edits in your film and wish to save your edits to the video you have published, click “Save” at the top of the screen. Be aware that you cannot save any edits to a video until you click the Preview button on the right side of your screen.
How to trim a section out of the middle of a YouTube video
1. Start the video you wish to edit using YouTube Studio. YouTube Studio video editor.
2. Simply click “Trim” or “Edit Trim” in the preview of your video.
3. Set the vertical bar to the timeline at the point you’d like the edit to start.
4. Simply click “Split” in the bar on the lower right of your screen.
5. The vertical bars can be dragged across your timeline until the point where the cut is finished. An area of darkness will indicate the location where the video will be cut. You can tweak the split by moving the two bars on the timeline.
6. Select “Preview” to implement the modification.
7. If you’re done making any changes in your film and want to save the edits in the finalized video, simply select “Save” at the top of the screen.
How to edit YouTube videos on iPhone
The iPhone user can perform more for their videos other than uploading videos to YouTube. For example, the YouTube app on iOS devices lets users cut videos and apply filters for more attractive aesthetics.
Learn how to use YouTube’s basic YouTube application capabilities on the iPhone.
Add Filters to YouTube Videos on iPhone.
Are you looking to alter the colors of your video or apply an additional filter? Follow these steps.
- Launch YouTube and click on the “Camera icon from the top.
- Upload videos from your gallery; click “Filter” from the bottom.
- There will be a list of available filters. Click on the filter you would like to preview.
- Click “Next” after you select a filter.
- Create a video with a title, and set the location and privacy settings.
- Hit “Upload.”
Edit the Posted YouTube Video on iPhone
Did you upload videos on YouTube and realize that you need to correct the title or description? It’s easy to do this by logging in to YouTube with the browser (not the application!).
- Select your profile image by clicking the upper right-hand corner on display.
- Click on “Your channel,” then “Your videos.”
- Click the three dots on the right side of the video you would like to modify.
- Choose “Edit” and make the needed modifications.
- Finally, hit “Save.”
How to Edit YouTube videos on Android
Use Google Photos to Crop Video on Android
Google Photos is a Google Photos app for Android that comes with the capability to cut or trim video you make using the camera app. If you don’t yet use the Google Photos app installed on your device, you can download it via Google Play Store. Google Play Store.
These steps will show you how to trim video using the Google Photos application on Android.
- Start your Google Photos app on your Android device and locate the video you’d like to edit. The video you’d like to edit should be saved on your Android device.
- Click on the video you wish to edit, then click it to play it. The video will play on your phone.
- Tap the screen to the outside of the video, showing your editing options.
- Press on the Edit icon. The three horizontal lines have vertical lines through each (in the lower portion of the monitor) to access Edit options. Edit options.
- The video is displayed in two different white edit handles, One on the left and the other on the right. Hold and tap the edit handles before dragging the handle to change how long the movie plays. Then, repeat the process using the second Edit handle, as you wish.
- Click Save the copy in the upper right corner to copy the file to your computer.
- The original video, as well as the cut-down video, are stored in Google Photos.
Top 5 Best YouTube Video Editing Software for YouTube Beginners
It’s an excellent, free software for editing videos with Windows, OS X, and Linux. The shortcut follows the same basic principle similar to its more expensive counterparts you put audio and video fragments onto the timeline and then apply captions and effects. You can then transform the result into the form of a video file.
It is a well-known video editor that can quickly modify video content, edit colors, change the color and even process audio. Unique tools for editing video allow processing any multimedia files in their traditional format on both desktop computers and mobile gadgets.
The program can be used to run iOS, macOS, and Windows. You can purchase a subscription for Premiere Pro or get it as part of the Adobe package. They provide 360-degree VR and 4K video support, a professional tool to edit any type of video. It’s the best software on this list for novices and experts alike.
If you’re searching for simplicity and elegance, iMovie is the best option for you. It is among the most well-known editors for Mac OS, iPhone, and iPad. It comes with eight themes that include transitions, music, titles, ten video filters developed by Apple, and a variety of effects, including image-in-the-image split-screen, slow-motion, and fast forward.
It also comes with tools to create soundtracks. However, one of the most useful features of iMovie is the ‘green screen’ that allows you to set your film in any locale, for example, Bali and Greenland.
Lightworks is a no-cost alternative to video editing tools. The application is compatible with Windows, Linux, and macOS. It’s the perfect tool for editors, camera operators, sound engineers and bloggers, and sound engineers. It can be used for advertisements and personal use to create home video archives and fill social networks.
Lightworks is an ideal choice for projects with a small budget or none at all. It allows you to upload and render your video in the background, move editing windows around, and even set specific keyboard shortcuts that will ease your work process.
Apple created this video editor specifically for the Mac OS. The interface is quite like iMovie. It comes with a variety of effects, including audio, video, transitions, title effects, etc., and it’s possible to add more. It allows uploaded videos on YouTube, Facebook, and Vimeo and various video output formats.