How to Delete Instagram Account Permanently 2022
Instagram is a well-known social network since its launch in the latter part of 2010 with people old and young making use of the simple sharing of photos with other users. It has changed throughout the years and has significantly improved, especially by embracing different media formats.
However, you can delete Instagram, which is an option for many users. No matter the reason, this article will show you how to erase your account on Instagram account.
Remember that it cannot be reversed once you’ve deleted your account. Your photos and account information, such as followers, likes, and comments, are deleted permanently. You won’t be allowed to sign up using the same username again if you create a new account.
Table of Contents
- 1 Downloading Your Data before permanently deleting your Instagram account
- 2 How to Delete Instagram Account Permanently
- 3 Temporarily Delete/Disable Your Instagram Account
- 4 What happens to the information on your Instagram information after you have deleted your account?
- 5 How to Reactivate Your Instagram Account
- 6 Final Thoughts
Downloading Your Data before permanently deleting your Instagram account
After you’ve deleted the Instagram account, all your data has gone all the time – it can’t be found.
Thus, you might want to download your Instagram information to ensure that you have all the images and videos that you’ve posted in the past. To download the data from Instagram:
- Visit the profile page on your Instagram profile and click “Settings .
- Select the ” Privacy & Security tab and select “Request download.”
- Next, input the email to which you’d like to receive the URL to the Instagram information, then enter your password.
- Within 48 hours you’ll get an email with the link to your information and a subject line of ‘ Your Instagram Data‘. Click ‘Download Data’.
How to Delete Instagram Account Permanently
While you can request your information using the mobile app, you’ll have to go to the Instagram website using an internet browser using a computer or mobile device to remove your account.
- Log in to Your Account
Use your internet browser and navigate to Instagram’s deletion page. Log in with your account credentials, then hit “login.”
- Select a Reason for Deleting Your Account
There’s now the drop-down menu. You can pick one of the eight choices to indicate reasons to erase the account. Pick any one of them.
- Enter Your Password and Delete Your Account
Your Instagram account will be inaccessible to all other users and followers, which includes you. If you decide to change your opinion about deleting your account, you’ll have 30 days to log into your account using an account username and password to erase the deletion.
Temporarily Delete/Disable Your Instagram Account
If you just want to get away from Instagram or don’t want to make a rash decision, you should disable your Instagram account rather than delete it. By disabling your account, you are logged out, which makes your profile unreadable. Regarding those who follow, you might also have deleted your account. However, this technique lets you reinstate your account anytime after it is temporarily disabled by logging in. The steps below will help you deactivate your account:
- Visit Instagram.com from your device’s browser (you can’t do this using the application).
- Log in when asked to sign in.
- Tap or click on the Profile icon located in the upper right-hand corner.
- Tap or click on profile and select Edit Profile.
- Scroll to the bottom and tap temporarily disable my account
- You will be asked why you’re doing this. Select the reason from the drop-down list.
- Re-enter your account password.
- Click or tap Temporarily Disable Account.
What happens to the information on your Instagram information after you have deleted your account?
After the deletion period of 30 days, the information on your account is still accessible to Instagram however, it won’t be accessible to other Instagram users. Instagram.
Instagram says that it may require up to 90 calendar days to allow the process of deletion to be complete, in addition to the fact that duplicates of the content may remain after 90 days. Instagram is also clear that they can keep your data for legal issues that extend beyond account deletion. Further details on the way Meta’s privacy policies have been updated and the ways Instagram makes use of and stores your personal data are available in Instagram’s Data Policy.
How to Reactivate Your Instagram Account
If you’ve disabled your Instagram account but want to access it once more, Follow these steps.
- Start your Instagram application on your phone or tablet or open Instagram within a browser on the web.
- On the Instagram homepage display, enter your login credentials.
- Click ” Login,” and your account will be restored.
If you make a change of decision immediately following the deactivation of your account, you might need to wait up to 24 hours before you can reinstate it. Instagram usually requires some time to process the deactivation request. Once the process is completed, then you’ll be unable to reactivate your account.
Instagram is entertaining. However, it can also pose a danger to your personal privacy and, in certain instances, your mental health. There are many opinions about how to best utilize social media; however, it’s clear that having a break is often necessary.
It’s perfectly acceptable to remove your Instagram account or permanently remove or permanently delete your Instagram accounts. Instagram and other social media platforms will be available once you’re ready to access them again.