Fulfillment by Amazon’s programs and services can help you grow your business and reach more customers. With FBA, you send your products to Amazon’s fulfillment centers, and we pick, pack, ship, and provide customer service for those products.
Why should you use Fulfillment by Amazon?
The benefits of using FBA include:
- Free shipping on eligible orders: With FBA, your products are eligible for Amazon Prime free Two-Day Shipping, and all Amazon.com customers can get free shipping on eligible orders.
- Customer service and returns: Amazon provides customer service on your behalf and handles returns for FBA orders.
- Opportunities to reach new customers: Programs such as FBA Subscribe & Save, FBA Small and Light, Multi-Channel Fulfillment, and FBA Export can help you maximize sales and build customer loyalty.
- Tools to help you manage your business: Choose from optional services including product preparation, labeling, and repackaging, and Amazon partnered carrier options.
How to use FBA
You can start using FBA by following these steps.
Step 2: Create your product listings. Add your products to the Amazon catalog one at a time, in bulk, or by integrating your inventory management software with Amazon’s API. To learn more, visit Product detail pages and offers and List products for Fulfillment by Amazon.
Step 3: Prepare your products: Proper preparation, packaging, and labeling can help ensure your products get transported safely and securely to the fulfillment center and made available quickly to customers. For more information, see Packaging and prep requirements and Shipping and routing requirements.
Step 4: Ship your products to Amazon: Create your shipping plan, print Amazon shipment ID labels, and send your shipments to Amazon fulfillment centers. To learn more, visit Send FBA inventory to Amazon.
Convert existing inventory to FBA
If you’re already an Amazon seller, you can convert your existing inventory to FBA. Here’s how:
- On the Manage Inventory page, select the products you want to sell through FBA.
- Select Change to Fulfilled by Amazon from the Actions pull-down menu.
- If you want to continue creating your shipment, click Convert & Send Inventory. If you want to keep adding inventory before creating your shipment, click Convert only.
One of the most important decisions for sellers to make when they start selling on Amazon is to choose a suitable fulfillment method: Fulfillment by Amazon (FBA) or Fulfillment by Merchant (FBM). Either fulfillment method has its pros and cons. Every Amazon seller should know how to get the most from FBA, FBM, or both.
When choosing which method is right for your business, you need to take a lot of factors into consideration, such as the product you sell and the resources you have. A successful seller can adapt to the constant changes in the market and the needs of their customers. This especially rings true during the coronavirus outbreak that has affected millions of online and offline businesses. FBA sellers can consider switching to FBM if Amazon continues to prioritize the essential items in its U.S. and EU warehouses.
- For a quick introduction to the shipment creation process, watch the Seller University video series beginning with How FBA works.
- Download Getting started with Fulfillment by Amazon in the U.S. marketplace (.pdf)
To keep yourself updated with the latest e-commerce and Amazon news, subscribe to our newsletter at www.cruxfinder.com