A barcode inventory system is more important as a business grows. There will be more inventory to manage. You will be better prepared for the future by having one in place now. Below is a list of free barcode generator tools by which you can easily generate barcodes for your amazon business.
Table of Contents
- 1 What is a barcode?
- 2 How do barcodes work?
- 3 Types of barcodes
- 4 The benefits of using barcodes
- 5 7 Best Free Online Barcode Generator Software
- 6 Conclusion
What is a barcode?
A barcode is an image consisting of a series-parallel black and white bar, which can be read using a barcode scanner. Barcodes can be applied to products to identify them quickly. Barcodes have many uses. They are used in retail stores to identify products and in warehouses to track inventory.
What’s a barcode scanner?
A barcode scanner, also known as a “barcode reader,” is a device that decodes and captures information from a barcode. The following four components make up traditional barcode scanners:
- Light source allows the barcode reader to decode information contained within a barcode accurately.
- Lens This scans for the barcode.
- Photoconductor This converts optical impulses to electrical ones.
- Decoder This analyses the barcode data and sends it back to the scanner’s output port.
Barcode scanners capture the data and link to a tablet or host computer. They transmit this information instantly, with no additional human intervention. This allows retailers to automate data collection and reduce human error, such as inventory tracking and point-of-sale transactions processing.
How do barcodes work?
A barcode, in a nutshell, is a way of encoding information into a visual pattern (those lines and white spaces) that can be read by a machine (a scanner for barcodes).
The combination of black bars and white bars (also known as elements) represent text characters that follow a predetermined algorithm for the barcode. (We’ll get into more detail about the different types of barcodes). This pattern of black bars can be read by a barcode scanner and translated into a line that your retail points of sale will understand.
Types of barcodes
There are two types: 1-dimensional (1D) and 2-dimensional (2D) barcodes.
1-dimensional (1D), barcodes
1D barcodes can be described as a series of black and white bars that store information such as the product’s type, size, and color. One-dimensional barcodes can be found on the top of universal products codes (UPCs), printed on the packaging of a product. This allows you to track packages via package delivery service providers such as UPS, FedEx, the US Postal Service, and Canada Post.
2-dimensional (2D), barcodes
2D barcodes can be more complicated than 1D. They can contain more information than text. This includes price, inventory levels, and even product images. Many barcode scanners can read 2D barcodes. Light speed Retail POS can be used with many wireless barcode scanners which support 2D barcodes.
The benefits of using barcodes
Barcodes are not only faster for transactions and sales, but they also have many other benefits.
A barcode is more precise than having a sales representative manually enter the product data. This is because it is less likely that a human error will occur.
Data about sales and inventory levels are available instantly due to the speed with which information is processed.
Less training required
Employees don’t need to be taught how to use a barcode scanner because it’s so easy to use (just point & click).
Improved inventory management
Retailers can benefit from quicker cycle counts and better inventory turnover estimates with real-time data.
It is swift and simple, and with increasing technology, transaction speed is also improving. Retailers can expect savings after implementation by generating barcodes quickly and easily.
7 Best Free Online Barcode Generator Software
The Morovia barcode creator is a popular program that can alter the dimensions of a Barcode. It can be extended to make scanning easier. You can use this barcode generator software to create 1D or 2D barcodes.
- Community Support– Morovia offers a community for users to ask questions and receive support.
- Text exclusion– You have the option to either keep text in a code or completely remove it.
- Different barcode formats– There are many barcode formats you can choose from, including code 128, UPC/A, EAN-13, and others.
- You don’t need to install anything– Morovia can be used online. You don’t need to download any files.
- Pricing for Morovia Software to Make QR Code Online- Morovia can be used entirely for free.
2. Barcode TEC-IT
You can create many types of barcodes with this QR code generator, including linear, GS1 DataBar, and more. Barcode generator software is compatible with various programming languages, including C#, .NET, and PHP. Barcode TEC-IT online barcode generator doesn’t require you to download any file or toolkit.
- Compatible with mobile devices– Online QR code generator that allows you to create a SCAN IT app compatible with both iOS and Android devices.
- Simple to use interface– The online barcode generator’s intuitive interface is easy to use, even for beginners.
- Barcode labels– This software makes it easy to create barcode labels or MAT labels. VDA 4902.
- Seamless QR code generation– You can use your QR codes to access web pages, social media sites, and many other uses.
- Compatible with different operating systems-Barcode TEC-IT is compatible with Windows OS, Mac OS, Linux, and SAP.
3. Great Barcode Generator
A great online barcode generator allows you to obtain barcodes in image format. This free barcode generator is compatible with a variety of barcode printers, including ordinary and thermal.
- Toolbar- This software makes it easy to create QR codes quickly and efficiently. You can quickly create barcodes with the help of the toolbar.
- Exporting in different image formats- A great barcode generator lets you export barcodes as JPG, BMP, or TIFF.
- It’s easy to create custom barcodes- Because of the availability of many fonts, such as EAN and UPC, it is easy to create custom barcodes.
- Compatible with excel and text applications- For creating barcodes, you can import values easily from Excel or MS Word.
- This QR code maker tool allows you to print multiple barcodes with high quality using one command easily.
Great Barcode Online Barcode Software: Create barcodes quickly with this free software. You can also purchase a paid version for Rs7421.59 per system license.
4. Seagull BarTender
Seagull Scientific originally created this software. The QR code generator logo has an intuitive interface that is available in multiple languages. You can use the extensive library of QR barcode generator material to help you navigate the software.
- Print optimization- This software provides enhanced printing functions, such as serialization and graphic caching.
- Email-based alerts- In the event of any labeling defects, BarTender sends admins automatic alerts by mail.
- Document wizard- A tool with which to create labels professionally.
- Text formatting- Formatting tools with a word-based interface that allow for simple formatting.
- Human-readable barcodes- Software allows you to create barcodes that are both human-readable and customizable.
- Seagull BarTender Barcode Software Pricing: You can request the price for this multiple barcode generator. For more information. You can also get a 30-day free trial.
The QR code maker online free maker can obtain barcodes from the database and create up to twenty-one types of barcodes. The QR code generator tool allows you to create custom barcodes or generate QR codes quickly and easily. End users can also create labels for barcodes and products, as well as price tags.
- Printing different barcodes- Different barcodes can be printed, such as EAN 13, EAN8, ITF 14, and others.
- Connecting with an external database- Barcodes can be connected to external servers, including SQL servers.
- Incremental Counters- Labeljoy offers an incremental counter that allows you to update numeric and alphanumeric data contained in the barcode.
- WYSIWYG- You can create barcode labels quickly and easily with the interface “What you see is what.”
- Export barcodes in different formats- Online barcode and QR code creation. You can also download them in JPG or PNG formats.
- Pricing for Labeljoy Barcode Creator: Labeljoy can be used as a free online tool to generate barcodes. You can also choose from different paid versions.
This online barcode generator can be used to print barcodes and also generate RFID tags. It has easy-to-use wizards that make it quick and easy to create new barcodes or update existing ones. You can also choose to work in more than 25 languages and use several barcode symbologies.
- Advanced printer support- Codesoft can be used with all major printers.
- Compatible with other databases- Online barcode software can be used with Excel, Access, and SQL.
- Integration with Existing Systems- Codesoft can be integrated with many solutions, including warehouse management systems and resource planning systems.
- Multiple databases can be added to one template- This feature allows you to generate multiple barcodes simultaneously with bulk barcode generators.
- Password Protection- To prevent unauthorized access to your barcode labels, you can use a password.
- Price of the Codesoft QR Code Maker: The price for Codesoft QR code maker with logo is available upon request. Send a request to be contacted. A representative from the sales team will reach out to you at a time that suits you.
7. Wasp Barcode
Wasp barcode online barcode generator is compatible with the Microsoft Office suite. This barcode generator can be used to generate 1D and 2-D barcode labels, which are essential for asset tracking and inventory control. You have two options: manually enter the data or connect to an existing database to automatically add it.
- Preset templates- To create custom barcodes, you can choose from more than 100 pre-made templates.
- One-click toolbar- Use the integrated one-click toolbar to create QR codes and barcodes within Word or Excel.
- Check digits display- The QR code generator is free and allows you to see the digits in your barcode caption.
- Changing the size of barcodes- You can adjust the barcode size to make them easier to scan with the QR code maker.
- Elimination of data entry errors- The Wasp online barcode maker eliminates data entry errors thanks to its efficient barcoding system.
Here is our list of the top free online barcode generator programs. When choosing the right barcode or QR barcode generator software, ensure that it can be used with other databases like Access and MySQL. These barcode generators have an intuitive interface that is easy to use for professionals, beginners, and businesses of all sizes.
To keep yourself updated with the latest eCommerce and Amazon news, subscribe to our newsletter at www.cruxfinder.com