Due to the recent pandemic, Amazon has begun to modify its policies and rules. As a result, the importance of knowing about Amazon’s policies and guidelines has increased. In every corner and crevice, you will find Amazon’s guidelines you have to adhere to. This is why we have decided to tackle this issue and explain all you need to know concerning Amazon Terms of Service (ToS).
Table of Contents
- 1 Who should follow Amazon terms of service ?
- 2 Part 1 of Amazon Terms of Service : Introduction
- 3 Part 2 Amazon Terms of Service: General Guidelines
- 3.1 Send buyers away from Amazon.
- 3.2 Don’t use business names to trick amazon customers, are trademarked, or have a URL.
- 3.3 Do not send out promotional emails to your customers.
- 3.4 Do not misuse customer numbers.
- 3.5 Don’t try to break Amazon’s system.
- 3.6 Don’t cheat or do restrictive activities for good reviews.
- 3.7 You shouldn’t try to cheat sales rank or boast over it on your website.
- 3.8 Don’t abuse the A-to-z guarantee.
- 3.9 Be careful not to abuse the search engine.
- 4 Part 3 Amazon Terms of Service : Additional Guidelines for Sellers
- 5 Part 4 Amazon terms of service sellers : Additional Guidelines for Service Providers
- 6 Prohibited Seller Actions summary
- 7 What happens if you violate amazon seller terms of service ?
Who should follow Amazon terms of service ?
In essence, anyone who owns an Amazon seller account should be aware of the Amazon seller’s conditions of service. You must adhere to these rules if you’re:
- Private label seller
- An agency
- Brand owner
- Retail and online arbitrage seller
- First-party seller
Additionally, businesses who utilize the Buyer-Seller messaging service should know what they can and cannot do with the service.
Look at Amazon Terms of Service
Part 1 of Amazon Terms of Service : Introduction
Amazon is determined to safeguard both you and your customers.
These Restrictive seller activities and actions are established to maintain a safe selling program for buyers and fair for sellers of both products and services.
Amazon could and will debar the product or you for violating the rules.
Failure to comply with the terms of this policy can result in cancellation of listings, suspension from use of Amazon tools and reports, and the removal of selling privileges.
Amazon will hold your payment if they cancel your account.
In addition, we do not pay sellers until we are confident that customers have received the products they ordered. If we determine that a seller account has been used to engage in fraud or other illegal activity, remittances and payments may be withheld or forfeited.
This section of Amazon conditions of service is in addition to the other amazon terms and conditions update.
Part 2 Amazon Terms of Service: General Guidelines
The illegal seller actions and conducts are common to all items and services. Certain products may be subject to specific rules.
“The below guidelines apply to both sellers of goods and services. For specific guidelines for products, look up the information in this section. For specific guidelines on services, please refer to the Selling Service section of Amazon guidelines.”
Send buyers away from Amazon.
“Any attempt to circumvent the existing Amazon sales process or redirect Amazon users to a different website or sales procedure is prohibited. Particularly, any advertising or marketing messages (special promotions) as well as “calls to action” that cause, encourage or cause Amazon users to go off to leave the Amazon website are strictly prohibited. This could include the use of emails or the use of hyperlinks, URLs or web addresses in any emails sent by sellers or in any listing description fields.”
Don’t use business names to trick amazon customers, are trademarked, or have a URL.
“Your company name (identifying the business’s entity through Amazon) should be a name that precisely identifies you; isn’t misleading; and has the legal right to use it (that is it cannot contain the trademark or infringe any intellectual property rights of any individual). Additionally, you cannot choose a business name with an email suffix, such as .com, .net, .biz or.net, etc.”
Do not send out promotional emails to your customers.
Do not misuse customer numbers.
“Amazon gives Professional sellers who process their own orders access customer numbers so that they can comply with the requirements of the carrier label. If you are provided with this data, you’ll need to comply with Amazon’s personal information policy. It is located within the Selling Agreement.
Don’t try to break Amazon’s system.
Suppose you upload excessive amounts of data repeatedly, or otherwise use the service excessively or unreasonably. In that case, Amazon may in its sole discretion restrict or block your access to product feeds or any other functions that are being misused until you stop its misuse.
Don’t cheat or do restrictive activities for good reviews.
“Any effort to influence reviews, ratings, feedback as well as critiques is not permitted.
- Feedback and ratings: The rating and feedback functions let buyers evaluate their overall experience with sellers that helps sellers establish a good reputation in their own Amazon Marketplace. It is not permitted to post untrue or abusive feedback or provide personal details about your transaction partner. This includes posting feedback or ratings to your personal account. You can ask for feedback from a customer, but you must not offer any incentive to the buyer for providing or removing feedback.
- Review: Reviews are important for Amazon’s Marketplace. Reviews are essential to Amazon Marketplace, providing a place for feedback about the details of a product or service and reviewers’ experiences of the products and services they use – whether either positive or negative. In order to ensure reviews are beneficial, sellers must abide by our Guidelines for Community. In particular, you should not compensate a customer for reviews, and you are not allowed to evaluate your product or competitors in their products. It is possible to ask customers to provide a review in a neutral way. However, you should not request reviews that are positive or request reviews only from customers who have been pleased with their experience or request a reviewer edit or remove their review. If you believe the review is not in line with the Community Guidelines, click on the Report Abuse link next to the review. For more examples of actions that are prohibited, you can visit below.”
You shouldn’t try to cheat sales rank or boast over it on your website.
“The Best Seller Rank feature lets buyers assess the popularity of a particular product. Any attempt to alter sales rank is illegal. You are not allowed to solicit or knowingly accept fraudulent order or fraudulent ones, such as making orders on behalf of your items. You are not permitted to offer buyers with a reward for buying your products , or give claim codes to customers for purposes of increasing sales rank. Additionally, you should not make any claims about the product’s top seller rank on the product’s detail page , which includes its title as well as description.”
Don’t abuse the A-to-z guarantee.
“Any misusing Amazon’s A-toz Garanty claims system is strictly prohibited. Sellers with an excessive number or quantity of A-to-Z Guarantee claims can be at risk of being removed. If a buyer is not happy with a purchase and/or service they may reach out to the seller and make arrangements to receive a refund, return or exchange as appropriate. Amazon has the ability to request reimbursement from the seller in the event that we provide a buyer with a refund under the guidelines of the Amazon A-to-Z Guarantee.”
Be careful not to abuse the search engine.
“When customers make use of the search and browse features of Amazon, they are expecting to receive accurate and relevant results. Therefore, any attempt to alter or alter the Search and Browse experience is not allowed. The prohibited behaviors include, but aren’t included in:
- Artificially simulating traffic from customers (through Internet bots, paying for clicks from organic search results, etc.).
- Catalogs that are misleading or not relevant information (title bullet points, descriptions keywords, variations, and so on.).
- Add the product’s identifiers (brand names or ASINs, names of products, and so on), even if they’re yours, to obscure keywords.
Part 3 Amazon Terms of Service : Additional Guidelines for Sellers
Two-day shipping on all media products.
“Shipping BMVD Products: Books, Music, Video, and DVD products offered through Amazon must be shipped within 2 business days of the date the order confirmation is made available to you.”
Do not increase prices after the transaction has been completed.
“Post-transaction price manipulation as well as excessive shipping costs The attempt to increase the cost of a item after the transaction has concluded is forbidden. Furthermore, sellers are not permitted to make excessive orders fulfillment or shipping fees.”
Don’t duplicate listings in order to deceive buyers.
“Matching the product’s offerings incorrectly when you offer the product you are selling on the existing detail pages for your product the product you are selling must be displayed on a page for the product which accurately describes the product in every aspect and includes (but not only) the following characteristics: edition, manufacturer binding, version, format, or compatibility with players. Sellers are not able to match their product to a specific page using an alternative ISBN or UPC number or any other external identification number. Likewise, sellers are not able to match their item to a specific page using an unrelated ISBN or UPC, EAN, or any other external identification number.
Duplicate pages for product details Making the Detail page for a product on a specific product already on Amazon’s catalog is prohibited. Amazon catalog is forbidden.
Separate listings Sellers cannot make distinct listings to sell identical versions of the same item.”
Pre-sells for BMVD Products Sellers must not make a list or match with books, music, video ,DVDs, or other products that Amazon has designated pre-orderable. BMVD Products offered through Amazon should be shipped within 2 business days from when the confirmation of order is released to you.
Part 4 Amazon terms of service sellers : Additional Guidelines for Service Providers
Don’t upsell additional products during the service.
“Upselling: The service provider is required to perform the service in accordance with the work scope listed on the detail page of the service on the day the service was ordered. The service provider cannot solicit any additional parts, products, or service requests prior to or during an amazon service agreement.
If the purchaser requests parts, services, or items that aren’t within the specified scope of work, the service provider is able to fulfill that demand and bill the buyer directly.”
Don’t let unapproved technicians work in your place.
Unapproved technicians: For in-home services, if you send a non-approved technician to fulfill a service order, your selling privileges may be removed.
Prohibited Seller Actions summary
- Diverting traffic from Amazon
- Unauthorized business names
- Inappropriate email communications
- Improper use of customer phone numbers
- Multiple seller accounts
- Misuse of the Amazon seller service
- Misuse of ratings, feedback, or reviews
- Misuse of sales rank
- Misuse of search and browse
- Misuse of product customization
What happens if you violate amazon seller terms of service ?
Amazon established these guidelines to safeguard both customers and sellers. It’s not only Amazon’s responsibility to comply with these policies and guidelines, but it’s the responsibility of the seller to follow them too. If Amazon discovers that you are in violation of the ToS and you are found to be in violation, you could face one or more of the following charges:
- Amazon may block your business as well as your products
- Amazon will hold your payment
- Amazon could decide to shut you down from selling on Amazon. Amazon seller account
- Removing reviews from a particular product (which didn’t meet the ToS)
- Then, you can remove your product from Amazon
- Legal action against the seller, or further
Does Amazon have service agreement?
Yes, Selling on Amazon is operated by Amazon Seller Services Private Limited. These Selling on Amazon Service Terms are part of the Amazon Services Business Solutions Agreement (“Business Solutions Agreement“), but, unless specifically provided otherwise, concern and apply only to your participation in Selling on Amazon.
What is ToS Amazon?
ToS Amazon means “Terms Of Service” which amazon sellers has to follow for smooth seller experience