What is Amazon Small Business Day?
Amazon is hosting a unique event for qualifying sellers on December 16, 2018. The event will promote unique and non-branded selection from these sellers across the country as part of our initiative to promote small businesses. The Small Business Day offers more market reach and visibility for scores of small businesses, thereby enabling sellers to get a chance to improve their selling performance on Amazon.
How will the event and selection of sellers be promoted?
We will promote the event through the following channels:
- Dedicated Home Page banners: Dedicated banners on the Amazon.in landing and other prominent Amazon.in pages for the event.
- Email communications: Outbound traffic channels of email and push notifications along with in-app quizzes in the week.
- Social Media: Promotions on social media networks of Amazon.
- Press Coverage: Announcement of the event in major newspaper publications and other channels of mass communication.
- Promotional Cashback Offers: Promotional offers under which cashback in the form of Amazon Pay balance and/ or cashback provided by participating banks may be available for eligible ASINs of qualifying sellers.
I have received an email for participation in Amazon Small Business Day. What is the eligibility criteria to qualify to participate in Amazon Small Business Day?
We have designed the Amazon Small Business Day to promote unique selection that could enable greater customer satisfaction. Based on your sales history, selection and performance metrics [for example, Order Defect Rate, Pre-Fulfilment Cancellation Rate, Late Shipment Rate and rate of Customer Complaints], we see that you qualify to participate in Amazon Small Business Day. We will send you an email with participation details if you qualify for the event.
All selected sellers should ensure that they have an active seller account and active selection till December 8, 2018 to participate in the Amazon Small Business Day.
How do I benefit from this event?
In this event, through the promotional and marketing initiatives undertaken for the Amazon Small Business Day event as listed above, you can benefit from higher customer reach, increased discoverability and increased chance of more sales.
How do I prepare for the event?
Below are some of the best practices you can follow for this event:
- Active seller account and acceptable performance standards [for example, Order Defect Rate, Pre-Fulfilment Cancellation Rate, Late Shipment Rate & rate of Customer Complaints].
- Additional discounts for customers, at your sole discretion.
- Sufficient inventory to meet demand.
- Ensure that your inventory is available for sale and not ‘stranded’.
- Set order pickup time with logistics partner in advance.
Will my deals be chargeable based on the new Amazon deal policy?
All deals that are configured for Amazon Small Business Day will not incur any additional charges for you.
Do I need to sign a separate agreement for participating in Amazon Small Business Day?
No separate agreement is required to participate in Amazon Small Business Day. If you are a qualifying seller, you will receive an email from us and you are eligible to participate.
Who is funding customer cashback on all my products? Can I opt some products out of cashback for customers?
The products of qualifying sellers will be eligible for Amazon Pay or Bank cashback to customers. As a seller, you are not mandated to provide customer cashback for this event. Hence, a specific opt out action is not required. To increase visibility and chances for better sales, you can choose to provide additional discounts or deals on your products for customers.
Whom should I contact if I need more details about Amazon Small Business Day?
Contact your Account Manager for more details.
I came to know about Amazon Small Business Day, but I did not receive any communication/confirmation on the same. Why am I not selected for this programme?
Firstly, thank you for showing your interest in the Amazon Small Business Day. Amazon Small Business Day is designed to promote unique selection. Only qualifying sellers with the relevant selection and performance metrics [for example, Order Defect Rate, Pre-Fulfilment Cancellation Rate, Late Shipment Rate & Customer Complaints] suitable for Amazon Small Business Day are eligible to participate in this event. You may not be meeting the required threshold for participation based on your sales history, selection and performance metrics and hence you are ineligible for participation.
Even if you are not shortlisted for the event, you can continue to sell your active selection during the Amazon Small Business Day.