Imagery for products is what customers tend to look at the most when they search as well as what’s likely to attract their attention if you’ve crafted an ad to attract attention and there’s plenty to think about. If you do not have the proper Amazon dimensions for your image, the users aren’t in a position to zoom, and Amazon rejects any image that isn’t the correct size in the end.
Table of Content
- 1 What is Amazon Product Photography?
- 2 Amazon Image Requirements: The Technical
- 3 How Do Amazon Product Images Affect Conversion Rates?
- 4 Types of Amazon Product Images:
- 5 How to Take Your Own Amazon Product Images
- 6 How Do I Add the Photos to a NEW Product Listing?
- 7 How do I add the photos to an existing product listing?
- 8 5 amazon product photography tips
- 9 Conclusion
What is Amazon Product Photography?
Amazon photoshop is the process of capturing images to communicate to potential buyers the reason they should purchase their product. This kind of photography is different from normal product images since this kind of photograph is concentrated on the amazon image requirements & benefits of its associated with the products while keeping a pleasing appearance.
Your aim should be to inform your potential customers and persuade your prospective customers.
Amazon Image Requirements: The Technical
One of the most important things to consider when evaluating the Amazon Image Requirements is the technical aspect of things. The image won’t look great if they’re not on the right track. So here’s the information you need to be aware of:
- Amazon suggests using the dimensions of more than 1,000 pixels on one side.
- The minimum Amazon image size of the longest dimension will be 500 pixels.
- The maximal Amazon image size for the image’s longest length can be 10,000 pixels.
- This gives you an 800 to 10,000 pixels for only one of the sides, making it extremely vast.
- Amazon suggests using Amazon recommends using a 1:1 square that has dimensions 2000 x2000.
- Amazon allows for maximum zoom or a 5:1 aspect ratio thanks to these optimized dimensions.
- Zooming capabilities for images begin when the image has at or above 1000 pixels wide on the longest side and 500 pixels on the narrowest side.
- The maximum size of the file is 10MB for each image.
- It is possible to use JPEG, TIFF, or GIF files; however, JPEG is the most preferred and most effective Amazon image file format.
- It is recommended to crop the image properly using a small white space to maximize the size of the photo.
- Make the image compressible; Amazon will compress it after uploading it. You can utilize a site such as TinyJPG to compress your images to meet Amazon’s image specifications.
These requirements apply to all Amazon images of products.
How Do Amazon Product Images Affect Conversion Rates?
Visual creatures have short attention spans, So naturally, they are heavily influenced by images, even more than writing.
It’s a fact the listings with higher quality images are more effective at converting. Based on a study done by 3M humans, our brain can process images in just 13 milliseconds. It is believed that humans can process images up to 60 times quicker than they could text, so having a good photographer is crucial.
If you’ve got beautiful photos that explain everything, potential buyers will not choose any other advertisement. Why would they want to? If you’ve presented your value proposition clearly and your product is attractive, and your images have answered their questions, then there’s no reason to do it.
Great images don’t just boost conversions. They can also boost the rate of click-through with an excellent primary image.
Types of Amazon Product Images:
The kind of images you’ll require will depend on the type of product you’re selling. First, however, I’ll provide you with an overview of the basic image strategy.
Each image plan must contain three images Images: Principal Image, Informational Images, or Lifestyle Photos.
The main image
The main image is the most crucial element of your description (aside from the actual product). The main image is the one that represents the best representation of your product on an uncolored background. Therefore, it must show exactly what your product will appear like when the buyer takes the box.
Infographics or infographics are pictures that highlight the advantages of your item. They also contain the text. These are the images that highlight all your top features and what makes your product top-of-the-line.
Lifestyle photos are created to present your product’s capabilities. Since potential buyers can’t see the item in front of them, images assist people in imagining what using the product might be similar to.
How to Take Your Own Amazon Product Images
It is important to know that certain technical requirements need to be adhered to in the context of Amazon photographic products. The first thing to remember is that you must save your images in AIFF, TIFF JPEG, GIF, or PNG format.
It is best to examine your camera settings before taking the first photo. Taking photos using Raw mode is recommended as it is simpler to eliminate blurring and later edit in various photography software. The photos you take should be minimum of at least 1000 Pixels (either in height and Width).
Be Conscious of Size Interpretation
If you are shooting, make sure the product is like it is its real size. The final thing you want to avoid is one person leaving a poor review claiming that the photos were misleading about how large the product is.
Be sure to have everything you require for a successful shoot. This includes you’ll need a camera that can take crisp photos. Additionally, you’ll require a white background to frame your main photo. Be sure to possess lighting or sufficient natural lighting. Also, make sure that you have all the necessary props, models, or locations prepared.
The primary image should be simply white. For this, use a bedsheet or a white poster board will do.
Lighting is vital to show your product in the best way (pun meant). A good lighting system will make any product look beautiful and result in more sales.
You can work with daylight (i.e., light that comes through a window); However, you have the ability to regulate it. Additionally, there is a time frame that you must perform.
I suggest getting some lighting at an entry-level to ensure regularity without relying on the sun’s rays being out.
Shoot Different Angles
Take more pictures than you think you’ll require. It’s better to take many pictures than not enough. Photographing from various angles lets you revisit all the raw photos later and select the most optimal one.
Remember that we want to ensure that your client fully understands the product. It isn’t our intention for them not to understand any aspect because a picture taken at a specific angle was not captured.
Set your camera to an even surface
If you decide to invest in a tripod or put your camera on a flat surface, you require clear photographs. The last thing you need is a little blur when the camera’s grip or an untitled photo.
How Do I Add the Photos to a NEW Product Listing?
- Select Manage Inventory in the drop-down menu within Seller Central and then click Add a product on the right-hand side of the page. You can also add a new product using the Inventory menu within Seller Central.
- Click on the Create a New listing for your product and search through your category of products.
- Fill in the information under tabs Vital Info and Offer tabs.
- In the Images tab, Click Add Images.
- In the pop-up, beneath the Images tab, Click Browse to locate the first image slot that is empty. The main image is located in the upper left slot of this area of the page.
- Choose one of your images from the computer, then select to open it.
- Click Save and then finish to include your photo on the page.
How do I add the photos to an existing product listing?
- On your Dashboard, click from your Dashboard, select the Inventory drop-down menu and choose Manage Inventory.
- Choose Edit on the drop-down menu for each item to the right side and select Manage Images.
- Visit the Images tab, then scroll to the section called Your recommendations for images.
- Click Upload to upload any of the slots that are empty. The main image is the highest left image slot on this section of the page.
- Choose the image you have on your PC, then select to open it.
- Click Save in the lower right of the page to upload your photo to the list.
5 amazon product photography tips
1) Show your product in the best light
Although this is also the case in a literal sense, we’re referring to this literally. Professional lighting can make all the difference in the quality of your photos. The clarity and sharpness of the photos create excitement and make it simpler for buyers to see the finest details of the product. Conversely, photos that are dark and shadowy appear dull and make your product a low-quality look, even though that’s not the case.
2) Try split testing
If your images for products can be the difference between a sale or not, you must ensure that they’re as good as they can be. However, selecting the images that appeal to the largest number of consumers does not have to be down to the luck of the draw split testing or A/B testing, and different versions of your pictures that are geared towards your target audience will ensure your images are designed to be successful.
3) Optimize your images for mobile
Include key information about your product within your images could help improve conversion to mobile customers. Another thing to consider is the size of your images. Images must be clear across any device; however, since they are naturally smaller on mobile screens, it is important to ensure your product is still readable. This is especially important if your primary image is the main attraction for shoppers when scrolling.
4) Make adjustments as needed
Your photos aren’t intended to remain for a long time. It doesn’t mean you need to replace them every week, but you must be sure to keep them up-to-date with times (especially in the case of photographs of your lifestyle) and utilize them to respond to customer feedback that could have an impact on sales.
5) Invest in your images
When it comes to photographs of your product, you can employ a professional photographer or shoot your photos. If you’re just beginning out or have a limited budget, it’s possible to take and edit professional-quality photographs using a DSLR camera or even your mobile phone; however, you’ll require some additional props to make the photos to the right standard. Go to your local camera store (or Amazon!) for tripods, white backdrops, lighting kits, many more.
In the case of Amazon, there are an array of amazon image requirements you have to consider; however, there’s plenty of freedom in the way you show your product to potential buyers. Make use of this to your advantage by observing according to the guidelines and Amazon guidelines, but coming up with innovative ways to make your product stand out and give your customers the details they need to feel comfortable about purchasing from you.